• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Target Amani Hansberry

Wake's ability to compete in the NIL arena will come down to our deep-pocketed and often-maligned "OWG's" willingness (and in some cases) stomach for throwing their walking-around $$ at this thing. That's not a problem, and in fact it's an opportunity, for "athletics first/who cares about the rest of the university" boosters at schools like Alabama, Miami and even UNC. Not sure if the big money guys at Wake whose interests go much deeper at the university and beyond will be as willing or interested in footing the bill for our 3-stars who after a modicum of success in black & gold will be ready to bolt to the highest bidder. But we'll know for sure in 2-3 years; absent any changes to NIL we'll clearly know where we stand as a player in major college athletics.

I have no interest in any system where they are paid. Period. Currently no problem but “don’t look up”. It’s coming.

Yes, I mean no disrespect to the forum. Just trying to bring awareness to a quality prospect that in genuinely interested in Wake. I have no direct connection. In my experience, Wake fans are pretty passionate about their basketball.

Thanks for coming by. We appreciate the info. We have existing recruiting threads that would probably be more appropriate for recruits that are only mentioned with Wake and no outstanding history or connection to Wake.

Back