• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Target Amani Hansberry

Reaction score
Amani Hansberry is a 6'7" forward out of Mount St. Joseph High School in Baltimore. He is a bear in the paint, versatile on both ends, and has a 7'1" wingspan. Was recently awarded the Baltimore Sun Player of the Year. Wake has offered and, according to a recent interview with 247 Sports, he has already taken an unofficial visit to campus.

You can check out everything you need to know about his game in this in-depth evaluation that was just published: https://www.pointguardeyes.com/amani-hansberry-2022.

Amani Hansberry is a 6'7" forward out of Mount St. Joseph High School in Baltimore. He is a bear in the paint, versatile on both ends, and has a 7'1" wingspan. Was recently awarded the Baltimore Sun Player of the Year. Wake has offered and, according to a recent interview with 247 Sports, he has already taken an unofficial visit to campus.

You can check out everything you need to know about his game in this in-depth evaluation that was just published: https://www.pointguardeyes.com/amani-hansberry-2022.

This guy is Rod Griffin's double with more range on his shot.

So how much are our people gonna pay? And for what commitment? Yeah I’m burned out

So how much are our people gonna pay? And for what commitment? Yeah I’m burned out

Same here. I think one impact of NIL is going to be lots of the last of the very last-minute decommitments, as recruits either drop a last-minute "Saturday surprise" asking price to stay committed, or another school tops their current bidder right before the kid hits "send" on the fax machine. Maybe I'm missing something, but sure seems to me this thing is on its last legs in terms of what sucked most of us into it in the beginning.

Same here. I think one impact of NIL is going to be lots of the last of the very last-minute decommitments, as recruits either drop a last-minute "Saturday surprise" asking price to stay committed, or another school tops their current bidder right before the kid hits "send" on the fax machine. Maybe I'm missing something, but sure seems to me this thing is on its last legs in terms of what sucked most of us into it in the beginning.

People aren't dropping bags for three stars or even a fair amount of four stars for both football and basketball

I think going forward, it may be better just to cheer for the kids that are here while they are here. That part doesn't really change. Recruiting is generally going to become a mess, though it will be difficult to say how much that will really affect Wake, so I'd be less inclined to pay as much attention to that side of things. I was never huge into following recruiting anyway, though. It may be different for people who really dug into that side of things.

People aren't dropping bags for three stars or even a fair amount of four stars for both football and basketball

Yeah. Wake recruiting seems to be normal in this NIL environment.

Listened to your segment on this that you posted on 247 earlier. You fucking nailed it dude! I'd suggest anyone who is sour and doom and gloom on NIL, and how it'll effect Wake's recruiting to listen to it.

We also seem to have a perfect football coach in place for the new landscape, and I'm starting to believe Forbes could be the same for basketball.

He’s promoting his site to keep us aware of a prospect. Nothing wrong with that.

Listened to your segment on this that you posted on 247 earlier. You fucking nailed it dude! I'd suggest anyone who is sour and doom and gloom on NIL, and how it'll effect Wake's recruiting to listen to it.

Exactly we are in a perfect position, build around cheap ass three and four star players, and occasionally drop a bag on an impact player. basketball for sure.

DownEastDeac: seems we have the same viewpoint down this way. Must be the clear air. Also wasn't there a post here about a private Wake group accepting NIL Wake donations, etc?

Yes. Doesn’t seem like much has come from it though. Yet there hasn’t been a mass exodus for better deals.

DownEastDeac: seems we have the same viewpoint down this way. Must be the clear air. Also wasn't there a post here about a private Wake group accepting NIL Wake donations, etc?

Wake's ability to compete in the NIL arena will come down to our deep-pocketed and often-maligned "OWG's" willingness (and in some cases) stomach for throwing their walking-around $$ at this thing. That's not a problem, and in fact it's an opportunity, for "athletics first/who cares about the rest of the university" boosters at schools like Alabama, Miami and even UNC. Not sure if the big money guys at Wake whose interests go much deeper at the university and beyond will be as willing or interested in footing the bill for our 3-stars who after a modicum of success in black & gold will be ready to bolt to the highest bidder. But we'll know for sure in 2-3 years; absent any changes to NIL we'll clearly know where we stand as a player in major college athletics.

Back