• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Long Covid Thread

seems strange we recently passed 1MM COVID deaths and I didn't see anything on that until I went and searched for how many deaths there had been knowing we were close to it.

Last edited:
Biden did a speech about it.

For those who have had Covid, how long did it take you before you could get back on an exercise routine? I had Covid last weekend and still was still positive most of this week. Felt fine on Thursday and went for a 3 mile run. My lungs burned the rest of the day. Today, still feel fine and decided on a leisurely 16 mile bike ride and all afternoon my lungs feel terrible.

I don't want to go into the details, but to the best of my knowledge I have never contracted covid, have been 3x vaxxed, and I've had all sorts of shitty problems like OP from around July 2020 to now. 2022 has been fairly good thus far, so hoping I'm over it, but there were some very stressful and depressing low points. Similar experience of tests coming back that I'm fit as a fiddle, except for a low B12 in 2020 that supplements resolved.

I don't want to go into the details, but to the best of my knowledge I have never contracted covid, have been 3x vaxxed, and I've had all sorts of shitty problems like OP from around July 2020 to now. 2022 has been fairly good thus far, so hoping I'm over it, but there were some very stressful and depressing low points. Similar experience of tests coming back that I'm fit as a fiddle, except for a low B12 in 2020 that supplements resolved.

Sorry to hear that, hope you’re finally out of the woods!

How’s it weird? It’s not something I struggled with in my 30 years before Covid, and I’m grateful for that.

I think that he means that anxiety isn't just a COVID side effect. Mental illnesses like depression and anxiety are actually really common in a lot of folks once they turn 30.

On one hand, we know very little about long COVID and what fits the symptom profile. On the other, you might have just started to feel anxious like a lot of younger thirtysomethings in this current mindfuck of a world.

I think that he means that anxiety isn't just a COVID side effect. Mental illnesses like depression and anxiety are actually really common in a lot of folks once they turn 30.

On one hand, we know very little about long COVID and what fits the symptom profile. On the other, you might have just started to feel anxious like a lot of younger thirtysomethings in this current mindfuck of a world.

I’m aware of that. This line of thinking is pretty dangerous right now and has many turning to suicide. Folks that have lived previously healthy lives are now being told “it’s all in your head” or “it’s just your anxiety” because doctors are stumped and have no tests to point to. I can promise you for 99% of the Long Covid patients out there it has nothing to do with “mid 30s anxiety”

I’m aware of that. This line of thinking is pretty dangerous right now and has many turning to suicide. Folks that have lived previously healthy lives are now being told “it’s all in your head” or “it’s just your anxiety” because doctors are stumped and have no tests to point to. I can promise you for 99% of the Long Covid patients out there it has nothing to do with “mid 30s anxiety”

Saying it’s caused by anxiety does not mean it’s fake or doesn’t exist. That is the line of thinking that leads to “mental health is not real”. Mental health disorders do indeed manifest physical symptoms. Sometimes your body and brain are under stress and will manifest physical symptoms even if you don’t feel stressed out at all. This is real and does happen. I have treated a lot of patients going through that. It does not mean it’s all in their head. It means they are experiencing physical symptoms because of a poorly managed mental health condition.

You don’t have to get COVID to have anxiety resulting from how COVID has impacted an already shitty society.

You don’t have to get COVID to have anxiety resulting from how COVID has impacted an already shitty society.

Not arguing otherwise. Having anxiety from the situation we’re in and having a debilitating long term health issue that happens to cause anxiety and panic attacks as one of its many symptoms are two completely different things.

My wife and I tested positive over Memorial Day weekend and finally tested negative late last week. We both exercised over the weekend and based on our watches, our heart rates were around 170 or so, which is not good at all. It could have been the heat but that's still really high. If your max HR is 220 minus your age, and we're both early 40s, that's scary. Makes me wonder if Covid is causing that to happen, because usually when I run or play tennis it's around 130 or so.

My wife and I tested positive over Memorial Day weekend and finally tested negative late last week. We both exercised over the weekend and based on our watches, our heart rates were around 170 or so, which is not good at all. It could have been the heat but that's still really high. If your max HR is 220 minus your age, and we're both early 40s, that's scary. Makes me wonder if Covid is causing that to happen, because usually when I run or play tennis it's around 130 or so.

I'd be more concerned if you weren't just two weeks out from testing positive for a disease that impacts the lungs. I mean, I guess you're both fit and have an urge to get back into the routine so you don't get out of shape, but I wouldn't go full bore just yet and expect your body to act as if it's at 100%, even if you feel normal.

My personal advice is take it easy. Myself, and many others out there, would say that their long covid started from overexertion during the initial recovery period. I know the exact moment mine happened when leaving the gym after a rigorous workout.

Highly recommend this piece from Dr. Anna Brooks: https://www.renews.co.nz/rushing-back-to-exercise-can-cause-long-covid/

Many doctors out there are now claiming this

“Many doctors” is typically the start of a bullshit argument. I am very sorry for all that you have been through from the virus. The media article you provided communicates quite clearly that there is not good evidence for long COVID from vaccination.
Continuing efforts to discredit vaccines that save lives and dramatically reduce morbidity from SARS COV-2 is (at best) irresponsible. Maybe it is a coping mechanism if you weren’t vaccinated prior to infection.
Again, i am very sorry for all that you have been through. I’m also extremely frustrated (I’m actually infuriated) by people spreading, and reinforcing, misinformation that leads to harm for others.

Medicines and vaccines absolutely have side effect profiles that we have to respect, thoroughly evaluate and acknowledge. I spend hours daily encouraging lifestyle measures to help people avoid disease and medications. I appreciate the intro comment in the article that we cannot dismiss side effects as it undermines vaccine recommendations. But, we also don’t make them up. I’m intrigued to take a look if you have evidence of long COVID from vaccination.
I’ve gone down a lot of rabbit holes trying to make sure I’m not a victim of medical group think. So far, it’s all been bullshit.

“Many doctors” is typically the start of a bullshit argument. I am very sorry for all that you have been through from the virus. The media article you provided communicates quite clearly that there is not good evidence for long COVID from vaccination.
Continuing efforts to discredit vaccines that save lives and dramatically reduce morbidity from SARS COV-2 is (at best) irresponsible. Maybe it is a coping mechanism if you weren’t vaccinated prior to infection.
Again, i am very sorry for all that you have been through. I’m also extremely frustrated (I’m actually infuriated) by people spreading, and reinforcing, misinformation that leads to harm for others.

Medicines and vaccines absolutely have side effect profiles that we have to respect, thoroughly evaluate and acknowledge. I spend hours daily encouraging lifestyle measures to help people avoid disease and medications. I appreciate the intro comment in the article that we cannot dismiss side effects as it undermines vaccine recommendations. But, we also don’t make them up. I’m intrigued to take a look if you have evidence of long COVID from vaccination.
I’ve gone down a lot of rabbit holes trying to make sure I’m not a victim of medical group think. So far, it’s all been bullshit.

Well said on all accounts.
I've given up on the people that care so little to get readily available information and do the right thing. I'm sure that makes me a bad person / doctor. But I see it like smoking. You can do whatever you want. But the effects aren't a mystery. So good luck with all that.

Back