• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Long Covid Thread

Screamindemon3

Reaction score
Made a post in the mafia thread to see if anyone else had any long term issues from Covid and it seems like quite a few do. Wanted to make a real thread to talk about it.

A few things to get out of the way up front:

-Long Covid can happed to the vaccinated
-Long Covid can happen to the unvaccinated
-Long Covid can be caused by vaccination without being infected by the virus
-Vaccination after Long Covid can improve symptoms for some
-Vaccination after Long Covid can worsen symptoms for some

With all of that out of the way, keep the politics out of this thread. There are folks out there that are really struggling with this illness and my DMs are open if there's anything you dont want to post in here.

Here's my story:

32, male, (previously) athletic build.

Acute infection: April 16th, 2021. Was "literally" in the best shape of my life before infection. Had never been more fit. Symptoms lasted for about 2 weeks and then subsided.

Month 1: Pains in chest (all EKGs, Cardiogram came back clean) (RESOLVED)

Month 2: Lung fullness, felt like a couldn't reach the bottom of my lungs during a breath (RESOLVED)

Month 3: The REAL start Long Covid for me. Was back in the gym killing it, looking past any of the other symptoms I was dealing with. Left the gym one evening and felt like I had a stroke on my couch. If it wasn't a stroke then I thought it was a seizure. Luckily, my wife is a nurse and checked me for stroke symptoms, she deemed me fine. Went to my doc the next day and he didn't see anything he was concerned about. But this was the real start of long covid for me. I had an MRI about a month later that came back clean. But I had these "stroke" symptoms happen 3 times over the course of my Long Covid. It was bad enough to where I was sleeping at my parents house at night when my wife was working at night.

Months 4-12:

-Pain in calves (RESOLVED)

-Pain in ribs/sternum (RESOLVED)

-Syncope before bowel movements (RESOLVED)

-Nasal passage chronically shut (Only happens during flare ups now)

-Medical anxiety/fear to be left alone (RESOLVED)

-Minor heart palpitations (RESOLVED)

-Minor choking feeling in neck (RESOLVED)

-General overall malaise (RESOLVED)

-Fatigue (RESOLVED)

-Jolting awake as I pass from awake to asleep (RESOLVED)

-Panic Attacks for no reason (RESOLVED)

-Disassociation/feeling like my eyes aren't passing what I'm seeing to my brain (RESOLVED)

-Chronic burping (RESOLVED

So here's what's still broken. Please note, all of the below list is not as crippling as it used to be. It's still there, but as a lesser level than during my peak bad times:

-Ear Fullness (New this month)

-Face and scalp numbness (Random, no triggers that I can find, but probably the worse of my remaining symptoms)

-A "greasy" sound in my neck/base of skull? This one is odd, I can't even identify where it is or what it is. Sometimes Think it could be deep in my ear but probably not.

-Slightly blurred vision only during a flare up, normal otherwise

My vitamin stack. I really believe the "fix the gut" hypothesis is the answer for most of us that are 'tweeners. And what I mean by a tweener is someone who isn't normal but isn't bedridden either. Once I started focusing on my gut health, I went from 40% to 90% in a hurry.

-Probiotic (MORNING)

-Prebiotic (MORNING)

-Vitamin B Complex (MORNING)

-Zinc (MORNING)

-Vitamin D3/K2 (MORNING)

-Vitamin C (MORNING)

-Turmeric/Back Pepper (LUNCH)

-CoQ10 (LUNCH)

-Magnesium (NIGHT)

-Omega-3 (NIGHT)

Anyone know of anything I can take to target the remaining Neuro symptoms? The facial and scalp numbness is my worst remaining symptom.

A number of those could also be due to anxiety, possibly surrounding the other issues (having had similar anxiety symptoms myself)

A number of those could also be due to anxiety, possibly surrounding the other issues (having had similar anxiety symptoms myself)

I see why you would say that, as many doctors do as well, but I can tell you that’s not the case for me. I (thankfully) have never had anxiety a day in my life before Covid. Honestly anxiety is the most common excuse that doctors are throwing out there because they simply don’t know what’s going on

Many doctors out there are now claiming this

The problem with your introductory statement is that it appears you are equating vaccination and non-vaccination as it relates to long COVID, whether or not that was your intention. It's an unnecessary distraction from the rest of your post. In any event, sorry you are dealing with those continuing symptoms and I am definitely not a person who can help you.

The problem with your introductory statement is that it appears you are equating vaccination and non-vaccination as it relates to long COVID, whether or not that was your intention. It's an unnecessary distraction from the rest of your post. In any event, sorry you are dealing with those continuing symptoms and I am definitely not a person who can help you.

Simply stating that it can happen to anyone, by way of a few different scenarios.

What’s the deal with 4th shot/2nd boosters. Too late now to ask I suppose since I already got it but my kid was getting a booster and they offered. I said what the hell and got a Moderna to go along with my 3 Pfizer’s. Figured it was a good idea since I’m heading out of the country soon and it’d been since October that I had a booster.

I got a second booster before a trip and it was pretty simple.

Simple yes. Necessary? Figured it couldn’t hurt at least, since I was there. Wondering if I should get the otherwise healthy wife to get one too though. I honestly have not kept up with the second booster debate in a long time.

I got boosted six months ago so it made sense to get boosted again before a trip. The recommendation has been for 50+ to get booster again for awhile and I’m not that much younger than that.

I had an appointment to get a second booster this afternoon, when I showed up CVS would not give it to me because I and under 50 and have no documented health problems that qualify.

I had an appointment to get a second booster this afternoon, when I showed up CVS would not give it to me because I and under 50 and have no documented health problems that qualify.

Good thing Ph didn't go to CVS.

I got boosted six months ago so it made sense to get boosted again before a trip. The recommendation has been for 50+ to get booster again for awhile and I’m not that much younger than that.

Well I am and we're the same age.

I see why you would say that, as many doctors do as well, but I can tell you that’s not the case for me. I (thankfully) have never had anxiety a day in my life before Covid. Honestly anxiety is the most common excuse that doctors are throwing out there because they simply don’t know what’s going on

Well I'd think that it's possible with all the other "WTF is going on?" things going on that some anxiety could creep into the picture. It would certainly be understandable. And it wouldn't explain everything, but perhaps some.

I'll be hitting that threshold soon. I have had 3 shots total and am due for another booster but am waiting because it doesn't appear to do much at this point, plus with all the variants, I don't think it's going to do a lot of good to put more of an unadapted vaccine into me. I'd really like to know which manufacturers, if any, have adapted their original formulas for the variants.

Novavax is also about to become available-- a more conventional vax that may appease some.

I'm going to try to get a second booster next week simply so I can guarantee I don't get stuck for two extra weeks in an expensive, foreign country

Although the change in US traveler testing policy today might make things simpler

A second booster is a great idea. I got COVID a few weeks ago and one of the first questions the nurse asked me was when I had my booster. Turns out I was just a few weeks past the six month mark of the booster - when the protection falls off a cliff.

A second booster is a great idea. I got COVID a few weeks ago and one of the first questions the nurse asked me was when I had my booster. Turns out I was just a few weeks past the six month mark of the booster - when the protection falls off a cliff.

Exactly. Going on a cruise ship while reaching the six month mark seemed like a bad idea.

Back