• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Long Covid Thread

Durham County Schools and Duke U will be wearing masks this fall.

I read it originally as Durham Public Schools being included but maybe it's just Duke

Don't see anything there about Durham County Schools. Good reading comprehension BIFF

Well, they were probably the last county in the state to drop the masks so they'll probably be the first to put them back on.

is it effectively positive rapid test = contagious; negative rapid test = not contagious?

is that true across variants?

Yes. Not perfect, of course, but positive rapid tests roughly correlate with being contagious, and it's true across variants at least through omicron. Theoretically if a new variants starts transmitting at much lower viral loads, the relationship may stop holding true, but I don't think there is any evidence of that yet.

Potential good news in realizing what is causing long covid. Not yet peer reviewed but sounds promising.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/07/07/nation/boston-researchers-say-they-have-found-spike-protein-lingering-blood-long-covid-patients/

I think viral reservoir in the gut is correct. When I started targeting gut health with prebiotics and probiotics my symptoms significantly improved. I also had a significant regression when I stopped taking them after thinking my issues were resolved.

Back