• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Well-Represented at Merion's Curtis Cup

50 years ago last year, the KA fraternity drove all night from Wake to watch their frat brother Jim Simons at Merion. The last amateur to lead the US open through 54 holes. He played pretty darn well that week too.

That same group of Wake Forest fellas played 18 holes at Merion last week and celebrated Simons' life.

50 years ago last year, the KA fraternity drove all night from Wake to watch their frat brother Jim Simons at Merion. The last amateur to lead the US open through 54 holes. He played pretty darn well that week too.

That same group of Wake Forest fellas played 18 holes at Merion last week and celebrated Simons' life.

I thought he was a Kappa Sigma like the rest of the golfers

Wadkins, Strange, Haas were all K sigs as I recall.

Aah. That makes sense. Just coming from opposite sides of Davis when they all got together. I just remember all of them plus some of the lesser known golf team members all being together frequently outside of Davis.

Back