• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoy musicals, but I feel like its hard to keep up with the new ones. I didn't find out about VI until way after and even Waitress I was late to the party. There is no like top 40 of musicals. This may be because the classic are what most people dig. Anywho, Hadestown is enjoyable as well.

Loved Hadestown. My favorite new musical I've seen in years.

Come From Away is amazing too, there's a filmed version on Apple TV if you haven't seen it yet.

I mostly hear about new musicals from the /r/Broadway subreddit and then I see most of whatever comes to the DPAC Broadway Series.

Loved Hadestown. My favorite new musical I've seen in years.

Come From Away is amazing too, there's a filmed version on Apple TV if you haven't seen it yet.

I mostly hear about new musicals from the /r/Broadway subreddit and then I see most of whatever comes to the DPAC Broadway Series.

Come From Away was great, but I missed it when it started in DC. I didn't even hear about it until after it moved on. Kind of reinforces my point, this shit is hard to stay on top of.

Tag: Aging gracefully

Anybody here take "joint supplements" to ward off future arthritis and other joint degradation issues? I know glucosamine is the key compound, but there are so many brands out there. Any recommendations?

i also liked Come From Away, but same issue on what's new. I don't need anymore jukebox musicals.

Nice. If those two are both good, should be a great season of shows in Cleveland this year (fun fact, second biggest theater district/performing arts center in the country after NY). Hadestown and Six, plus Les Mis, Hamilton, Moulin Rouge, Aladdin, Come From Away, Dear Evan Hansen, cats, Beetlejuice, and Tina

It is always interesting to me when I interact with someone who is clearly way overqualified for the job they are doing and could be killing it applying their skills to a different profession. Makes me wonder what their story is.

I suppose that is partly because I feel like a monkey could do my job.

i also liked Come From Away, but same issue on what's new. I don't need anymore jukebox musicals.

Yeah I opted out of Jagged Little Pill for next year's season. I like the album but I don't need to see that. Escape from Margaritaville was utter trash this year but I still loved it.

Nice. If those two are both good, should be a great season of shows in Cleveland this year (fun fact, second biggest theater district/performing arts center in the country after NY). Hadestown and Six, plus Les Mis, Hamilton, Moulin Rouge, Aladdin, Come From Away, Dear Evan Hansen, cats, Beetlejuice, and Tina

that's a good lineup! I'll see Les Mis any time. Cats is a skip. Moulin rouge is okay if you just want spectacle but it's kind of nonsensical. DEH feels a lot more cringey since the movie came out.

Ya, there are 5 can't miss ones in there.

It is always interesting to me when I interact with someone who is clearly way overqualified for the job they are doing and could be killing it applying their skills to a different profession. Makes me wonder what their story is.

I suppose that is partly because I feel like a monkey could do my job.

With as many friends that I have that are just single dudes who are crazy under employed, it has to be some mix of fear of rejection and just generally not putting yourself out there. I have three grown men who are my friends, but they have done absolutely nothing with their lives that were and are full of promise

i too will watch les mis ANYTIME. I watched the concert on PBS last weekend just as background music

I mean, I get that we all have different goals. But I don't think anyone starts off thinking that their ideal is going to be turning 40 alone with a dead end retail job playing video games all weekend.

I can't judge too harsh, because I would love to live that life for a month or so. But that's not really an option.

I think I've spoken about this before, but at least two of my single guy friends spend a unhealthy sum of money on only fans adult content.

With as many friends that I have that are just single dudes who are crazy under employed, it has to be some mix of fear of rejection and just generally not putting yourself out there. I have three grown men who are my friends, but they have done absolutely nothing with their lives that were and are full of promise

I think there is also an information gap -- people don't really know much about jobs outside what they've been exposed to nor how one would go about attaining such a job

Yeah, I guess it is easier in many cases to just go about what you are doing instead of shaking things up. I know I am prone to just accepting the status quo at times.

And definitely agree that people just don't know what else is out there.

Pretty jacked up to just put bym on blast like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back