• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched Band of Brothers but I did listen to several episodes of the podcast Dead Eyes and really enjoyed it.

I haven't watched Band of Brothers but I did listen to several episodes of the podcast Dead Eyes and really enjoyed it.

At this point there really isn't any reason not to watch it. Its the summer so not a lot of good tv on. It has a lot of character who were unknown at the time but have become famous. It has aged very well since its historical. There are not a ton of episodes. Its also more about individual growth of the characters rather than WW2, but if you are into WW2 it has a ton of stuff there.

And if you really like it, there is also the Pacific to watch.

At this point there really isn't any reason not to watch it. Its the summer so not a lot of good tv on. It has a lot of character who were unknown at the time but have become famous. It has aged very well since its historical. There are not a ton of episodes. Its also more about individual growth of the characters rather than WW2, but if you are into WW2 it has a ton of stuff there.

And if you really like it, there is also the Pacific to watch.

I mean there's a huge amount of good to great TV that comes out all times of year nowadays.

I don't really do hourlong dramas anymore. I only have 1-2 hours to myself after kids go to bed at night and I will usually use that time to do a workout, play a video game, or watch sports.

Band of a brothers is incredible. I rewatch the whole thing every couple of years and since some stations do marathons on various federal holidays I can hop into any episode.

I want to clarify Madison Cawthorn is an idiot and should never ever have any authority ever again, but I would like to see the Eagle’s Nest from a historical perspective.

Let's be honest. There is a big difference between seeing eagle's nest and seeing eagle's nest because of hitler are two very different things.

I want to use my BGE but my god is it hot out.

Yes, its miserably hot outside.

Band of a brothers is incredible. I rewatch the whole thing every couple of years and since some stations do marathons on various federal holidays I can hop into any episode.

I want to clarify Madison Cawthorn is an idiot and should never ever have any authority ever again, but I would like to see the Eagle’s Nest from a historical perspective.

I also liked The Pacific, but felt it didn't measure up to Band of Brothers. Looking forward to the Army Air Force series that has been in the works.

Yes, its miserably hot outside.

I also liked The Pacific, but felt it didn't measure up to Band of Brothers. Looking forward to the Army Air Force series that has been in the works.

Good Point Sgt. Randleman

Bull-Randleman.Band-of-Brothers.webp

my grandparents took me to the Eagle's Nest like a year before I really understood the gravity of what it really was

BoB is the best miniseries of all time, and I'm not sure it's close. Bunch of famous minor roles - Schwimmer, Fallon, Fassbender, James McAvoy, Tom Hardy. I definitely thought Paul Rudd was Webster for quite a while. The resemblance is pretty wild:

thumb_totallylookslike-com-eion-bailey-paul-rudd-paul-rudd-totally-looks-like-51910615.png

late 90s/early 2000s war movies/shows cast basically every now famous white male in Hollywood

Black Hawk Down
Saving Private Ryan
Band of Brothers
Thin Red Line
We Were Soldiers

I think The Pacific had too many story lines going that I didn’t particularly get invested in. Rami Malek was great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back