• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i played Pebble (humble brag) and saw their sign that marks the tees based on handicap, I stopped judging

things that are alway more expensive than they seem like they should be:

getting something framed
blinds/shades

things that are alway more expensive than they seem like they should be:

getting something framed
blinds/shades

Trying to find something to help block the glare on the tv from some massive windows in my new place and can confirm

I will say that expensive blinds are definitely way better re: quality of the machinery

Like from the white tees, or from like legit senior tees?

I play the whites when I play with my dad, but that is about it.

I assume whites. But I grew up with this setup, and it has always stuck:

1) Gold - Championship Tees
2) Blue - Men's Tees
3) White - Senior Tees
4) Red - Women's Tees

All men's events were played form the blue tees (like 6600 yards), with seniors playing the whites.

Had a friend who just bought new windows for her small condo. 17K. WTF.

Bought windows for my house last year and it was a bad idea. I mean, it's nice to have nice windows now, but woof...set me back. Had to do new HVAC, roof and fix my truck last year too. CreamyBrokeness

i've never heard white as senior tees. WIKI has the defnitions as I was taught/grew up with:

Black or gold tee markers are usually used for championship play, for example professional or strong amateur tournaments. Most municipal courses are not equipped with this set of tees as very few public courses will hold serious tournaments.
Blue tee markers denote the teeing ground used for local or club championship play in tournaments, and is the tee used by skilled male players who have a low handicap. This tee is almost always the longest yardage for each hole, unless the course has black or gold tees.
White tee markers usually denote the teeing ground used most often by men, typically those who have a middle or high handicaps. This tee is almost always the middle tee between the championship and ladies tee and is often called the "men's tee".
Red tee markers can have two meanings. If the red tees are behind the white tees, it is usually for championship play. More commonly, the red tees are located in front of the white tee markers and are often called the "women's tees". The forward tees usually offer the shortest yardage on the course.
Green tee markers often have shorter yardage than even the red tee markers, and usually indicate where juniors and beginners hit from. Sometimes they are between the white (men's) and red (women's) tee markers and are used as the "senior" tees.

Last edited:
most of the courses i've played are

i've never heard white as senior tees. WIKI has the defnitions as I was taught/grew up with:

Black or gold tee markers are usually used for championship play, for example professional or strong amateur tournaments. Most municipal courses are not equipped with this set of tees as very few public courses will hold serious tournaments.
Blue tee markers denote the teeing ground used for local or club championship play in tournaments, and is the tee used by skilled male players who have a low handicap. This tee is almost always the longest yardage for each hole, unless the course has black or gold tees.
White tee markers usually denote the teeing ground used most often by men, typically those who have a middle or high handicaps. This tee is almost always the middle tee between the championship and ladies tee and is often called the "men's tee".
Red tee markers can have two meanings. If the red tees are behind the white tees, it is usually for championship play. More commonly, the red tees are located in front of the white tee markers and are often called the "women's tees". The forward tees usually offer the shortest yardage on the course.
Green tee markers often have shorter yardage than even the red tee markers, and usually indicate where juniors and beginners hit from. Sometimes they are between the white (men's) and red (women's) tee markers and are used as the "senior" tees.

I have seen senior tees between red and whites before was well.

Golf doesn't get the CT going like word origins, literature, or indie music. My b. Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back