• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the best place for me to mount the TV I think will be on the exterior house wall in between a window and the sliding glass door. It's not ideal so I may just decide to put it on a TV stand.

I hate tv mounts where you have to look up. I like my tvs at eye level

H700-BG-Heckler-AV-Cart-Prime-16_1024x683.jpg

Yeah, couldn't attach the TV to the house because the section of the porch that attaches to the house is pretty much all windows.

The biggest issue, by far, has been the glare... Was fixed by installing blinds on 2 sides of the porch. Obviously not an issue at night, but if watching golf or football during the day, I need to put the shades down.

I also hate the cheap-ass couch I bought for out there. Patio furniture, in general, sucks. I need to replace the cushions (dirty; too thin) and it has only been a year. No idea where to get 26"x"26" cushions, though.

If I attached the TV to the house then I could only go with 48" so it wouldn't be overlapping the sliding door. That in and of itself is a good reason to put it on a table instead.

do you guys use that fireplace?

Nope!

Well, I used it twice last year. Mostly because the kids wanted it on.

Builder put in gas logs and a remote... The problem is that it doesn't really generate enough heat to justify using it. So it is kind of a waste. Looks nice, though. Maybe if we entertained more (ever), I'd have it on.

So nobody wanted to talk cliffhanger with me but you people will go 200 posts on outdoor TVs.

So nobody wanted to talk cliffhanger with me but you people will go 200 posts on outdoor TVs.

I thought real hard about watching Cliffhanger after you mentioned it... But there are so many other things I haven't already seen.

It's a good one, though. Especially with that fox, Janine Turner.

It seems like every place in the south, including my own, that has a gas fireplace there is no blower installed so the heat never transfers from simply going up making it a show piece with no functionality.

That scene when Shadow comes limping over the hill and the theme swells and Peter runs and hugs him gets me every time

my experience with all of this matches ATS exactly. We have a TV mounted over the fireplace that puts out zero useful heat but looks pretty at night, and i chose the $200 TV from Walmart over the $2000 outdoor TV 4.5 years ago, and I have never had ANY issues whatsoever. I even quit using the $30 cover because it doesn't do anything other than attract birds and bugs. you haven't lived until you pull the cover off your TV to find that hundreds of stink bugs found it to be warm and inviting, or a nest of wasps, or a nest of BIRDS.

Tapatalk running a special for $4.99 for an annual subscription.

I do not pay for Tapatalk, but $4.99 for a year might be worth it.

I walked out my sliding glass door the other day and wasps had made a nest in the track. I got lit the hell up. I won in the end by killing everyone in their family.

Tapatalk running a special for $4.99 for an annual subscription.

I do not pay for Tapatalk, but $4.99 for a year might be worth it.

What’s the difference between tapatalk and just using a web browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back