• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok orientation is way too participatory & some people are so tech illiterate it’s painful.

The streets are wide bc our guy Brigham young wanted his horses to be able to make a complete turn

45 minutes behind schedule already because these idiots the city hired don’t know how to work an online meeting

strick, decided to do silver lake for a few nights bc we're going to a dodger game one night and another person i'm carpooling with out to Thousand Oaks will be in Los Feliz

the rest of the trip i'm just gonna stay in Thousand Oaks so I don't have to fight traffic 2x a day

strick, decided to do silver lake for a few nights bc we're going to a dodger game one night and another person i'm carpooling with out to Thousand Oaks will be in Los Feliz

the rest of the trip i'm just gonna stay in Thousand Oaks so I don't have to fight traffic 2x a day

that's a good strategy, man

not really sure what's up in thousand oaks, but definitely hit up the beaches near county line

I was living in the delta
Wasting most of my time
You know if I could close the blinds right
I could sleep all through the night

I went for a hike yesterday thru park city mtn. Really had to be careful bc the trail was shared with mtn bikers and they did not seem to have any care for hikers

Did you at least take Guardsman Pass to get there? One of my favorite day trips was driving up Big Cottonwood Canyon, lunch @ Silver Fork Lodge, hiking above Brighton, taking Guardsman Pass up to almost 10,000 ft over the mountains, hiking Blood's Lake & seeing moose on the other side, driving down into Park City for beers/apps, back to SLC for dinner.

definitely hit up the beaches near county line

good shout! was considering staying in malibu but that would have pushed the per diem a bit.

will probably start work around 10, so could hit up beaches early AM during the work week, about a half hour drive from the hotel in TO (place looks nice, Westlake Village Inn)

don't think there's much in TO tbh, our corp HQ is in newbury park, which looks boring AF.

will also just be really nice to get out of DC summer humidity for another week

Did you at least take Guardsman Pass to get there? One of my favorite day trips was driving up Big Cottonwood Canyon, lunch @ Silver Fork Lodge, hiking above Brighton, taking Guardsman Pass up to almost 10,000 ft over the mountains, hiking Blood's Lake & seeing moose on the other side, driving down into Park City for beers/apps, back to SLC for dinner.

didn't take it yesterday but took it on saturday to hike bloods lake. took it a couple weekends ago on the way home after hiking the brighton lakes too (which i cannot recommend enough). big cottonwood canyon is breathtaking. still waiting to see my first wildlife besides chipmunks.

where'd you stop in park city for beer?

Good to hear. Guardsman is great. My wife does not like it, though. Couple dicey spots. And yeah, the Brighton Lakes is great - want to do it again and summit one of those surrounding peaks.

No Name Saloon in PC. I guess it's a bit touristy, but it's one of my favorite bars in the country. Solid food. The Cabin is solid as well - crunchier vibe with cheap PBRs and Elkupine mascot. It sucks that High West seems impossible to get into without a long wait when I've tried in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back