• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can run bluetooth through my hearing aids, but I hate the quality of sound and the sensation it creates

mom has much better hearing aid tech and loves it, so maybe on my next pair

ah i forgot you had aids.

have you considered:

0a5cc9f94b117496136fe773e8127960.jpg

i actually hated my airpod pros at first.. swapped out the buds they came with for memory foam attachments instead and have liked them more since then.. the real problem is that they charge sooo fucking inconsistently so sometimes i'll pull them out of the box and the left one will just be dead (and figuring out charge level/status on independent headphones is somehow much more difficult than it needs to be)

I was about to pull the trigger on the 3rd gen AirPods (not pro) bc apparently they sound much better than the 2nd gen but I have a hard time spending $175 on earbuds. So I went with a pair of soundpeats air 3 (????) that get great reviews online for $50

I loved my AirPod Pros at first but now they straight suck. Similar charging issues to what cookout describes above and the left one just goes super staticky for no reason. Great in concept but expected a lot better for the price. Wife is having similar issues with hers.

My wife has the AirPod Pros and I like them but I'm okay with the regular AirPods for my own use. I recently replaced my noise-cancelling over-the-ear Bose headphones that I've used on the airplane for probably 7 or 8 years with a Bluetooth model and I'm really digging those.

My wife has the AirPod Pros and I like them but I'm okay with the regular AirPods for my own use. I recently replaced my noise-cancelling over-the-ear Bose headphones that I've used on the airplane for probably 7 or 8 years with a Bluetooth model and I'm really digging those.

I just did the same thing w/ my over-the-ear Bose. Had the old school ones from like 10 years ago. Upgraded to the 700s (after looking at other brands/models) and have really liked them. The battery life is great.

I have a set of Air Pods that I bought using my Business Development budget for Zoom calls and they’re good for general use.

I also have a pair of Jabras for working out although they’ve sat unused recently and with how I’m feeling post-Covid May sit idle for some time.

nobody is gonna care but i gotta rant

been looking for a SaaS supplier for a work project for a few months, have hit stumbling blocks on the technical side for each solution we've evaluated so far. the closest we've come so far we have made it through a technical proof of concept and a contracts review, but just have 2 key things to iron out before we'd sign a deal. the sales/bizdev guy we're working with at this company is, without a doubt, the most incompetent and unprofessional moron i've ever worked with in my career. and he's got some SVP title too, at a pretty decent sized public company.

he only writes like one email a week and always misses answering at least one of our questions. he never remembers past conversations, so we're always covering the same ground again on calls. he starts every single call late by pulling up his notes about us as a client and saying ok ok ok ok who we talking to ok ok ok and then slowly working his way back up to where we were the following week. he gets stupid shit wrong like time zones and people's names. he would give a used car salesman a bad name when it comes to smarm.

we have one redline in the contract that we need them to concede or we can't do the deal, and no matter how many times we explain it, he can't seem to figure it out. he lives in Austin, i'm concerned it's catamount (isn't that what catamount does?).

so we've basically moved on to evaluating other providers while we try and see if this bozo can get it together.

/rant

nobody is gonna care but i gotta rant

been looking for a SaaS supplier for a work project for a few months, have hit stumbling blocks on the technical side for each solution we've evaluated so far. the closest we've come so far we have made it through a technical proof of concept and a contracts review, but just have 2 key things to iron out before we'd sign a deal. the sales/bizdev guy we're working with at this company is, without a doubt, the most incompetent and unprofessional moron i've ever worked with in my career. and he's got some SVP title too, at a pretty decent sized public company.

he only writes like one email a week and always misses answering at least one of our questions. he never remembers past conversations, so we're always covering the same ground again on calls. he starts every single call late by pulling up his notes about us as a client and saying ok ok ok ok who we talking to ok ok ok and then slowly working his way back up to where we were the following week. he gets stupid shit wrong like time zones and people's names. he would give a used car salesman a bad name when it comes to smarm.

we have one redline in the contract that we need them to concede or we can't do the deal, and no matter how many times we explain it, he can't seem to figure it out. he lives in Austin, i'm concerned it's catamount (isn't that what catamount does?).

so we've basically moved on to evaluating other providers while we try and see if this bozo can get it together.

/rant

I make jokes about how terrible of a sales guy I am, but holy shit are there some incompetent people out there.

I've been doing my job for ~15 years now at 3 different companies and it still surprises me how little some people seem to care about what they do.

Feels like the most important qualities are to listen and act like you actually give a shit. Knowing the product is way down the list... And worthless if you can't get those other two things correct.

So good luck to you. I doubt that guy changes.

Drop them and when someone asks why, tell them the truth. If this is a long term agreement you don't want this to be your contact the entire time. Aint worth the stress. Work with professionals and they will treat you like a professional.

Drop them and when someone asks why, tell them the truth. If this is a long term agreement you don't want this to be your contact the entire time. Aint worth the stress. Work with professionals and they will treat you like a professional.

mando-way-this-is-the-way.gif

go over that clown's head, dude

my feeling has generally been their account people can't be as bad as their sales people, just get the deal signed and then it's actually someone's job to treat a client well, plus we've sunk all this time into this jabroni

instead we'll probably just buy this other more expensive solution where all the team had to do was show up, respond to emails and meeting requests quickly, and do a couple demos

i am legitimately mediocre at a lot of components of my job, but wow talk about mailing it in

i just googled the guy, he went to kent state, so don't think it's cata

Unfortunately that era for us was smack dab in the middle of 2020

Considering how much work 3.5 hour flights are with twin 10 month year old's, I don't think Europe is in the cards for us either at the moment. So don't feel like you missed out too much. Boys start getting really antsy at the end after naps and feedings, and they are not interested in screens yet. I love the idea of travelling with them while they are still free to fly, but the length of the flight and the amount of stuff we bring with us is also a restriction.

sounds perfect for a tenured professorship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back