• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how much work 3.5 hour flights are with twin 10 month year old's, I don't think Europe is in the cards for us either at the moment. So don't feel like you missed out too much. Boys start getting really antsy at the end after naps and feedings, and they are not interested in screens yet. I love the idea of travelling with them while they are still free to fly, but the length of the flight and the amount of stuff we bring with us is also a restriction.

TITCR

The potato-phase of child rearing has some upsides, but "easy to travel on a plane" is not one of them.

I was talking to a waiter today about education and what teachers make in Portugal. Teaching is also apparently considered a very good job here. I will no longer complain about my salary.

Now it’s off to bed so I can do a 5 mile loop through the historic district before we head to Algarve tomorrow. Miss you all, stateside chat brethren. And Sangria is not my thing.

I was talking to a waiter today about education and what teachers make in Portugal. Teaching is also apparently considered a very good job here. I will no longer complain about my salary.

Now it’s off to bed so I can do a 5 mile loop through the historic district before we head to Algarve tomorrow. Miss you all, stateside chat brethren. And Sangria is not my thing.

We're taking good care of your mom in your absence, my friend.

Are Elon Musk and Nick Cannon in a contest to see who can have more offspring?

Birdman, what are the birds with hooked bills in Portugal that build the gigantic nests in the crooks of the electrical towers over here?

Also there are times when I sit back and realize that I’m luckier than like 99.9 percent of the population on earth and I should probably be more appreciative.

Yep. Timmy, enjoyed a lunch and a few hours in Evora. Pretty town. Headed to Algrave this afternoon and evening for a couple days.

Question, are portions this big just because I’m in tourist areas or do all Portuguese people eat 2.5 pounds of food per meal?

You mean the thin cut of meat covered in oil and garlic with a side of french fries, rice and salad? That's pretty much just how they do it at most local restaurants, touristy or not. There are some tapas style restaurants but all in all the food doesn't vary much. Spain on the other hand, oh boy (chef kiss).

We though Evora was kind of a bust, besides the Chapel of Bones, few hours was probably plenty. There is another guy on the board who lives near Vale Lobo if you are down that way.

Wages in Portugal are a joke. Its like Eastern European prices in Western Europe. Lawyers make like 30k, so I am guessing teachers are a bit less than that. Fascism really did Portugal dirty and it is taking them a while to come out of it. This is why all the Brits vacation and retire there, so cheap and good weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back