• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I may stop using the word "gay" pejoratively. I've always enjoyed using it and riffs of gay as both a compliment and a pejorative, mostly just to blur the language line, but it's possible that isn't necessary anymore.

I’ve gotten 15+ spam calls today after probably averaging one every few days for the last few years. No clue what changed as I don’t remember signing up for anything new or buying anything that would have a public record. Anyone ever gotten a huge spike like this?

I’ve gotten 15+ spam calls today after probably averaging one every few days for the last few years. No clue what changed as I don’t remember signing up for anything new or buying anything that would have a public record. Anyone ever gotten a huge spike like this?

Yesterday and the day before I got like 10-15 boner-pills spam texts. No calls though. Never really happened before.

been getting a lot more spam/phishing texts lately that are really personal in tone

this one just came through: "Why did you go back alone last night? Did you have too much to drink?"

Talked to dipshit salesbro again tonight at 6PM my time and he spent about five min at the top talking about what a big deal it was he was taking a call at 5 for a client “your size”

The weirdest mix of big timing and small timing. And he closes the call by saying “I’m off tomorrow but what do you say about a call to go lock step style Monday?” Is that a saying?

I get this deal ($100k a year thereabouts) isn’t going to make him rich and maybe it’s barely worth his time but he’s gonna lose the sale tonight. What an annoying dude!

I’d kill the deal and then make sure his supervisor knows. Otherwise the narrative is going to be “That dipshit company didn’t know what the fuck they were doing. We are better off without the headache.”

“Go lock step style” vs “circle back” pick your favorite

I dealt w a developer today who I emailed 9 days ago saying their application wasn’t complete & it was missing a few. He called today asking why his application hadn’t moved forward & why there was a charge he needed to pay. I explained the application & what was missing, how to do it, etc. to him then he says “oh my engineer is calling, explain it to him for me.” Both would not shut up. Neither understood what was missing in the application even though the app has a checklist of every single thing that needs to be included.

Talked to dipshit salesbro again tonight at 6PM my time and he spent about five min at the top talking about what a big deal it was he was taking a call at 5 for a client “your size”

The weirdest mix of big timing and small timing. And he closes the call by saying “I’m off tomorrow but what do you say about a call to go lock step style Monday?” Is that a saying?

I get this deal ($100k a year thereabouts) isn’t going to make him rich and maybe it’s barely worth his time but he’s gonna lose the sale tonight. What an annoying dude!

$100k contract is going to be a big deal to most anyone not named amazon web services. But even for them, they make it so that it becomes a big deal for this salesbro and his supervisor.

meanwhile I'm about to apply to be an official KSA Vendor tomorrow so I can get that sweet LIV cash. Sounds like MBS is dead serious about making a building that's 50 miles wide and like 200 stories tall.

Last edited:
I think I may stop using the word "gay" pejoratively. I've always enjoyed using it and riffs of gay as both a compliment and a pejorative, mostly just to blur the language line, but it's possible that isn't necessary anymore.

this is genuinely good, please do, thanks

i promise that using it pejoratively is in no way "blurring" shit

Great discussion on Lebatard today: If someone tells you news and you already know, should you not say "yeah, saw that already" so that you don't deflate the news teller?

This is a good discussion. My response usually depends on if I want to talk about it further.

“Yeah I heard that too” if I don’t want to talk about it.

“Yeah, that’s crazy, right?” if I do.

This is a good discussion. My response usually depends on if I want to talk about it further.

“Yeah I heard that too” if I don’t want to talk about it.

“Yeah, that’s crazy, right?” if I do.

I say "yeah I heard that too" to my wife all the time and never considered it rude but now I do after today

Also, There’s a difference between “hey! I saw/read this cool thing today” and “hey, did you see that cool thing today”

my wife shows me memes/videos/etc from the internet that i've almost always seen 1-2 weeks earlier, i still take the time to enjoy them with her but I do let her know i've seen them before just so she knows that i'm more online than she is

sometimes letting someone know you've seen something before lets you shortcut the long explanation of the thing and jump straight to the part where you discuss your feelings or opinions on said matters, so I don't think it's rude necessarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back