• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember traveling down to Gainesville to tour UF and it felt like I got punched in the face stepping outside the plane.

I grew up in the Panhandle but I must just have not noticed this humidity as a kid because my shirts have been insta wet as soon as I’ve stepped out of the house all week. I have a very high tolerance for humidity so don’t really notice it when I’ve lived in NC or DC.

Avert your eyes Barca:

Crossword today is a toughie. I’ve got it all filled out but must have a square wrong here somewhere.

Avert your eyes Barca:

Crossword today is a toughie. I’ve got it all filled out but must have a square wrong here somewhere.

One of the rare times I couldn't finish it in the morning before leaving for work. I'm at 21 minutes so far and still have most of the SW corner open. Feel good about the other sections but I'm kind of stuck.

i started sharing my mom's NYT puzzle account to jump in on the spelling bee and now i can't go to bed until we hit genius

Morning CT!

I've been loving the rain each afternoon/evening this week in NC. It's been super dry and everything was starting to die.

I've not been a fan....wreaks havoc on trying to sneak in 9 holes after work in the evening when you have pop up thunderstorms all over the radar!

YB, you really need to get on the Delta train living in SLC. Way better than AA in general, and you'll never have to deal with B gates. If only CLT had more Delta flights.

I grew up in the Panhandle but I must just have not noticed this humidity as a kid because my shirts have been insta wet as soon as I’ve stepped out of the house all week. I have a very high tolerance for humidity so don’t really notice it when I’ve lived in NC or DC.

I grew up on the other side of the state and I remember people telling me when I was moving back “Oh man, you better get ready for that heat and humidity” and me laughing it off. “I spent 17 years living in Florida. I think I’m ready for it.”

I was not ready for it.

Nothing like hopping out of the shower and immediately needing another one the second you step out the door.

One of the rare times I couldn't finish it in the morning before leaving for work. I'm at 21 minutes so far and still have most of the SW corner open. Feel good about the other sections but I'm kind of stuck.

Ended up at 42 minutes. Longest time I can remember over the last few months.

I’ve been hoping for rain at night so I don’t have to water our vegetables.

Our squash and zucchini plants are both dead. Our cucumber plant looks pretty rough. Eggplant has three growing.

We are about to be very cherry tomato and banana pepper and jalapeño rich. Poblanos and other peppers have been a mixed bag.

No activity on our other tomato plants and our herbs are running wild.

I have been having a decent haul of peppers even if they are small. Scramble and egg, chop up some peppers, melt some cheese on a burrito, boom a pretty solid breakfast.

Pickling the first cucumber of the year right now, will see how it turns out.

I grew up on the other side of the state and I remember people telling me when I was moving back “Oh man, you better get ready for that heat and humidity” and me laughing it off. “I spent 17 years living in Florida. I think I’m ready for it.”

I was not ready for it.

Nothing like hopping out of the shower and immediately needing another one the second you step out the door.

Agree, I moved to FL from Alabama and thought, 'the heat will be fine, it can't be much worse than Alabama,' but the humidity is way worse and the humidity season lasts like 2 months longer. New pool in the back yard is a game changer that changed the game.

I’ve been hoping for rain at night so I don’t have to water our vegetables.

Our squash and zucchini plants are both dead. Our cucumber plant looks pretty rough. Eggplant has three growing.

We are about to be very cherry tomato and banana pepper and jalapeño rich. Poblanos and other peppers have been a mixed bag.

No activity on our other tomato plants and our herbs are running wild.

I installed a drip line on a timer in the garden/veggie bed. Surprisingly inexpensive. It was about $100 total with some hoses and bits and pieces from Lowes.

https://www.lowes.com/pl/Drip-irrig...-Lawn-garden/4294612490?refinement=4294725859

Saves us a ton of time manually watering stuff.

If someone asked me “who on the boards would end up living in a sitcom where his new neighbors were vampires?”, it would be you. Maybe palma

It's hard for me to explain the shock of hearing two toddlers just having a blast outside at 2:45 am while watching Season 1 of The Boys.

Thankfully, our patio is on a decent sized side yard so they're not right up on me, but it is a blow to the privacy I had before they moved in and when my neighbor was an older widower who lived by himself and occassionally had his grandkids over.

It's hard for me to explain the shock of hearing two toddlers just having a blast outside at 2:45 am while watching Season 1 of The Boys.

that is baffling. Do the toddlers sleep during the day? Do parents work second or third shift and they have everyone in their house on their weird sleep schedule? what the hell is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back