• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
now I'm wondering how much all you guys with stress free jobs are making where you're like you can just delete outlook off your phones

now I'm wondering how much all you guys with stress free jobs are making where you're like you can just delete outlook off your phones

I check my e-mail constantly.

Like I'll check it on my phone, forget that I checked it, and then check it again like 30 seconds later.

just try checking/answering like once a day for a week and see how much of a problem it is

I've been on a work Zoom for nearly an hour now. The calendar invite came out of the blue like 15 minutes before it started. I still have no idea what it is supposed to be about.

People are talking. I understand the words they are saying. But I have no idea why they are saying them or why I need to be here to hear them.

just try checking/answering like once a day for a week and see how much of a problem it is

I'm in a service related field, and also in a super stress free/only do like 10 hours of real work a week gig. Answering emails instantly is the least I can do.

Meeting ended as randomly as it started.

I still have no idea what it was about.

At least now I can get on with my life.

Until the next Zoom we have scheduled for 4:15pm, of course.

you forge the chains you wear

200.gif

I wasn’t thrilled with the idea of going into the public realm and was almost exclusively applying for consulting jobs. But at 5:15 I’m done with work every day and do not have my email on my phone. And on the fridays I’m off I am not expected to answer emails. Private sector planning work seems alright but the long hours & being reachable is something I would have hated.

Its a cool spot. The Beatles stayed there as someone will point 900,000,000 times during your visit.

ha, we only ever talked about/heard about anthony bordain staying or visiting there iirc

I just turn off my outlook in the evenings, weekends, and when on vacation. I hardly ever get some unexpected email requiring an immediate response. I will still check emails off hours, but it will be when I decide to click my email back on.

In house attorney is less stressful in general but I am in a good spot. With my previous job I could be headed out the door Friday afternoon only to have something come in and ruin the entire weekend. We were expected to reply to client emails within an hour, but preferably sooner. A pain when you had law firm clients all over the globe. The pay was not worth it. Now I am the client.

CT: I'll never forgive what you did to President Palma, but RIP Charles Logan

Streaming has been good for tv, and a couple times a year Netflix or HBO will produce an original film worth watching. If I ever need to watch particularly good stuff I can always rent or buy from my tv, subscribe to Criterion network, all sorts of choices. That much is true. I do miss the era of the big comedy. What was the last really good comedy movie?

But does a comedy need to have a big budget in a theater?

and to the high paying low stress job we couldn’t really come up with great examples

certainly those of us this weekend who were discussing all make good money. The discussion was a lot around finding the right balance between work/life, company culture/mission, finding fulfillment in the work, etc. Generally there was agreement that work is work, occasionally it’s worthwhile and fulfilling but mostly it’s a means to an end. And maybe that’s a healthy outlook on it so you don’t get addicted to striving or climbing a ladder.

Seems like there are two ways to do it. Work is work with no emotional attachment or do something you do well and legitimately care about. Anything in between is problematic.

finnish prime minister is way hot

A decent number of countries have or do have young women heads of state and several have been hot. It’s a huge indictment on this country that our last election came down to three men in their 70s.

It’s funny to me how quickly you become acclimated to seeing topless women on the beach.

How quickly did Mrs. mako become acclimated to seeing you look at topless women on the beach?

Last edited:
Hootie version of Hey Hey What Can I Do is better than Led Zep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back