• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... And I'd argue actors come and go, as well.

Adam Sandler had a good run and his shit got old and stale.
Will Ferrell similarly.
Maybe even Kevin Hart.

And now Sandler is doing well with dramas on a streaming service.

The big issue with comedy is if I want to watch something that will make me laugh, I can just pull up old episodes of a sitcom or standup on a streaming service or check out any number of YouTube channels that put out hilarious short clips or even longer sketches or such. We don't need to go to a theater, pay $10, and sit down in a theater for 90 minutes to get some good laughs. And funny people don't need to act in movies to get paid.

Comedy has a place on the big screen with a budget, but it's comedy within a genre like Thor: Love and Thunder or dark comedy within the mystery/detective genre like Knives Out or a bunch of stuff I haven't seen.

listen you want to talk comedy? let's bring back posters who have been feted by comedic geniuses like steve allen. until then it's just amateur hour.

i haven't thought this all the way out but my gut says comedy is better suited to TV: callbacks, running jokes, formats like standup and sketch don't work in movies, higher diversity of scenarios available over a tv show season

i haven't thought this all the way out but my gut says comedy is better suited to TV: callbacks, running jokes, formats like standup and sketch don't work in movies, higher diversity of scenarios available over a tv show season

Catch phrases !

I just read that Pete Davidson showered with Kim Kardashian.

I'm thinking of buying and learning how to play the Trumpet. Mainly cause I just wanna play this Vega stage music at the 3:10 mark

I need help with a new pejorative to replace gay. Needs to be fetch, because I say something sucks about 100-1000 times a day. It's gotta be noun-able, e.g. "That's bogus" or "That's so RSF."

I feel like an adult bc I just bought a roomba on sale from target.

I feel like an adult bc I just bought a roomba on sale from target.

On Prime day? I've seen like 5 different ads for cheap roombas today. Half off Beats Headsphones was the one that caught my attention, eventhough I don't need new headphones, would be kinda nice to see how they are. Already got the Bose 700's and M&D bluetooth headphones, although the latter really get uncomfortable after awhile.

My wife collected some plums and figs from a neighbor's yard (the neighbor says to take them, no one uses them)...mmmm, good.

Summertime.

On Prime day? I've seen like 5 different ads for cheap roombas today. Half off Beats Headsphones was the one that caught my attention, eventhough I don't need new headphones, would be kinda nice to see how they are. Already got the Bose 700's and M&D bluetooth headphones, although the latter really get uncomfortable after awhile.

Yes. Was originally $300 down to $200 at target. I had a 15% coupon + 5% red card discount too

I'm hoping to get a good toaster oven on Prime Day. Don't really need anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back