• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
like, Google has Sentient AI but of course has to hide it from the world b/c Conspiracy?

Google is Bruce Maddox and Lemoine is Picard.

Are you prepared to condemn LaMBDA – and all who will come after it – to servitude and slavery?

No, I reached my limit of free NYT articles, I just read the subhead: “Blake Lemoine, the engineer, says Google’s language model has a soul. The company disagrees.”

I feel like every time I try to reach a NYT article I have reached my limit. I think I read 3-4 articles a year from the times.

y'all could just subscribe. it's like $5/month online

Wait do people actually sleep while spooning in real life? That seems horrific.

I fucking hate down pillows and hate when hotels have them. Who wants a pillow to surround their head and compress down to a millimeter thick under your head and neck? The guest bed we sleep at in my in-laws' house has those and wife and I had to buy some pillows at Target to replace them, but we have to hide them so as to not offend MIL.

I do not like this take. Soft down pillows are great. Fit around your head and don't prop your neck up at an unnecessarily high angle. Down comforters in the winter are also great.

soft pillows are the WORST. i love my memory foam pillow.

I do miss coffee sometimes, but man vanilla chai tea with a splash of oat milk (wife doesn't do dairy), is a great substitute that doesn't destroy my gut and nerves. Think there's a couple CTers that had to ditch the bean water as well - give it a try.

I offered to pay the difference for my parents to buy a King bed in the room we use at their house as opposed to a queen but they weren’t interested.

It affects them not even a little bit.

I offered to pay the difference for my parents to buy a King bed in the room we use at their house as opposed to a queen but they weren’t interested.

It affects them not even a little bit.

Buying a queen size bed in the new house was a huge mistake. I did not take into account having twin infants that sometimes enjoy sleeping in the bed with mom and dad. A king was obviously the right choice, but I just wasn't think that far ahead. I feel like tossing out a mattress and bedroom set after 1 year to get a bigger bed would just be financially irresponsible.

Buying a queen size bed in the new house was a huge mistake. I did not take into account having twin infants that sometimes enjoy sleeping in the bed with mom and dad. A king was obviously the right choice, but I just wasn't think that far ahead. I feel like tossing out a mattress and bedroom set after 1 year to get a bigger bed would just be financially irresponsible.

What about the financial impact of a heart attack due to increased stress and reduced sleep?

Lol you gotta get those kids out now or that’s going to be a big problem the larger they get. Unless it’s like that last hour of sleep when a kid wakes up by accident at 5:30am and crawls in, my kids get removed back to their own beds.

I’m also pretty bad about sleeping while touching, just cannot be comfortable that way. Our old dog used to be in the bed and ever since he died I’ve clung fiercely to my newfound bed space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back