• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave Portnoy has a long running review of pizzas based on taking a single bite.

But you know, annoyingly enough, he always takes more than one bite after saying that. At minimum he usually takes 2-3.

“Barstool” is def a subculture

If it’s not god help us all

Is there any common culture anymore? A product in a grocery store freezer is named after an inside joke from a sports media site that most sports fan problem don’t even know. That’s a market of a divided culture.

If you’re in a group of 20 Americans of different ages and backgrounds, it seems like it would be hard to make cultural references that everyone would understand. What are common movies, TV shows, and music that everyone knows?

Marvel puts out a few billion dollar films a year but I wouldn’t think more than maybe 15 people in that group would get a Thanos reference. There are so many shows that it’s unlikely everyone has seen the same ones or even knew about them. Music is all over the place.

That’s one reason social media is so popular. You can find people who like the same stuff you like much easier.

Is there any common culture anymore? A product in a grocery store freezer is named after an inside joke from a sports media site that most sports fan problem don’t even know. That’s a market of a divided culture.

If you’re in a group of 20 Americans of different ages and backgrounds, it seems like it would be hard to make cultural references that everyone would understand. What are common movies, TV shows, and music that everyone knows?

Marvel puts out a few billion dollar films a year but I wouldn’t think more than maybe 15 people in that group would get a Thanos reference. There are so many shows that it’s unlikely everyone has seen the same ones or even knew about them. Music is all over the place.

That’s one reason social media is so popular. You can find people who like the same stuff you like much easier.

Yeah well, you know, that’s just like your opinion man.

Went and chilled at a friend’s pool all afternoon. Hanging by the pool for a day is great but holy shit seems like so much work to maintain. Also one of the other people there brought some of this beer Mountain Water by Hi-Wire that was just absolutely perfect summer beer. Not usually a big Hi-Wire fan but this was sublime.

Went and chilled at a friend’s pool all afternoon. Hanging by the pool for a day is great but holy shit seems like so much work to maintain. Also one of the other people there brought some of this beer Mountain Water by Hi-Wire that was just absolutely perfect summer beer. Not usually a big Hi-Wire fan but this was sublime.

yeah, if you've got the money for a pool you need to budget in having someone just do all the work aspects of it for you

yeah, if you've got the money for a pool you need to budget in having someone just do all the work aspects of it for you

The great thing about living in Florida is that everybody has pools so the guy just swings by every house in the neighborhood for like $30.

When we were in VA it was like $200. My mom ended up doing it herself.

Tag: Let bbd announce pool boy

Also we drove around and looked at houses and decided we do not want anything in banner elk and we almost got GOT by some hillbillies when we ended up on their private road and ended up eating dinner at craft bistro in west Jefferson and it was p good. I could get used to living up here.

Iirc mountain water is a beer pretending to be a seltzer it's pretty much only good for hot days at the pool/on the water. But hits the spot for sure in those situations.

I don’t understand how Hi-Wire has all this money to expand with taprooms all over the fucking place. They’re all over NC, Knoxville, Birmingham, Louisville, Cincinnati and probably other places. Their beer is…fine…but they don’t seem to have a huge distribution footprint.

A message board post about a social media post about fireworks and animals?

Nah but my sis was hanging out the other night and got a text from a friend whose dog was so scared from fireworks he busted out of their wooden fence and ran like five miles away from their house. He was fine but needed surgery on his paws they were so torn up. Poor pup. Glad my dog is generally ok with loud noise.

also, my german shepherd chased off a black bear this week and then came back and laid down like it was no big deal.

pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back