• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have my N64 but do not have goldeneye anymore :/ I think it was given away. It’s also incredibly hard to find decent controllers for the system now.

Goldeneye is by far the best. Man. So many nights with friends on that game

I need to play No Man's Sky - one of the few space games I haven't

I still have my N64 but do not have goldeneye anymore :/ I think it was given away. It’s also incredibly hard to find decent controllers for the system now.
I bought a spare controller way back in the day and it's not yet left it's box. I was thinking ahead!

i played it for a while last year (after all the major patching) and it's pretty fun/chill. i really like how it continues to open up/add mechanics as you play - I didn't even know some of the stuff was an option for a long time.

i didn't interact with a lot of the base building or MMO aspects beyond was necessary to progress the single player stuff but I found it to be pretty fun way to wind down at the end of the day.

i played it for a while last year (after all the major patching) and it's pretty fun/chill. i really like how it continues to open up/add mechanics as you play - I didn't even know some of the stuff was an option for a long time.

i didn't interact with a lot of the base building or MMO aspects beyond was necessary to progress the single player stuff but I found it to be pretty fun way to wind down at the end of the day.

yeah it looks like that kinda game - maybe I'll install it later tonight

I still have my N64 in a box and open invitation to everyone to come play goldeneye. Will probably need to up the buy-in from the $5 I asked for tournaments in middle school

I mentioned it a couple months ago, but it made me sad how un-fun this game was after playing one of the newer Call of Duty games at a buddy's house immediately beforehand. Was a good laugh-fest though given how incompetent we all were at it.

I think our family 64 and games ended up at my younger brothers house, which is interesting because the cultural phenomenon of goldeneye was totally my generation.

Woah there Sgt. Lipton

donnie_wahlberg_clipton.jpg

Fun fact(s):

Carwood Lipton, or "Lip" was born less than 50 miles from where I was born in WV (just 60 years earlier). We both grew up in the same hills. We both attended the same university. He left the school for the military, served, and settled in Southern Pines, NC -- where my brother and I attended high school.

When band of brothers premiered, my brother and I were so fucking stoked up by it. Just insanely stoked. So much so, that we arranged for my brother to meet Mr. Lipton in Southern Pines. My brother got to meet him, but I was stuck at college. Super cool opportunity, because he passed shortly thereafter. :(

I actually went on a Band of Brother's bus tour through Europe. It was pretty cool.

I mentioned it a couple months ago, but it made me sad how un-fun this game was after playing one of the newer Call of Duty games at a buddy's house immediately beforehand. Was a good laugh-fest though given how incompetent we all were at it.
Oh yeah, definitely can't compete even with later N64 FPS like Perfect Dark. But everyone still thinks they were and are insanely good at it so it can still be fun

Id be down. Im kind of surprised there isnt one/not more players on the board
I'm here for D&D chat.

Have been playing with a group virtually for 3-4 years now.

Started the same way it sounds like ITC. A buddy mentioned it, I said I was interested and we built from there. Fortunately had an experienced DM we could tap. But I think he is getting tired of being forever DM but no one else wants to take it on.

Marking a BA/MA paper right now that cites three of my former teachers, someone from my phd committee, a friend and two acquaintances. Weird but cool thing that will only happen more and more as I get older

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back