• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for telling us. that's a lot for anyone to deal with.

it's okay to struggle with it and I hope you have others in your life (irl) to process this with as well.

i wanna co-sign this post.

Also, fuck, OP that's brutal. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now.

i had a run of family deaths a few years ago and it's taken me such a long time to even start coping with it. be gentle with yourself and don't hesitate to ask for help if it's all becoming too much

sometimes life just sucks and i wish i had something that i could tell you to make it suck less, but that's not how it works. sending you and yours all of the strength and good vibes

I have looked into the actual golf simulators, there's a forum specifically related to those. It's really hard to get a straight answer as to what would be the best setup from your basic research. I thought I found out what was the best one, then read about a dude who dropped like $300k on a full setup and ended up disappointed.

Like a home version of Top Golf?

Guys....sometimes when everything turns to shit, it really turns to shit.

I posted on here a few months ago about my grandfather on my mom's side getting cancer. It was melanoma that metastasized to his brain/lung/liver/bone. He was doing pretty bad, but then got better with radiation. And then last week just hit a wall and got so much worse.

Unfortunately he passed away Sunday, on Father's Day. It's been such a rough week.

To make it immensely worse, my dad's dad got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a week after my mom's dad was diagnosed. He had been doing good the whole time, but Monday, the day after my mom's dad passed, he hit a wall as well and was taken to the hospital. Unfortunately, the ambulance took him to the wrong hospital and no one knew where he was for 2 hours, and he was sitting on a gurney in the ER waiting area/hallway for 5 hours. No doctor would sign a release to have him transported to the correct hospital. He called and told my grandma to bring his shoes and he was "getting the fuck outta there". By the time anyone could get him in a room and family could get there, he had become unresponsive.

He passed away late last night.

I've never really known anyone that died....and now both of my grandfathers have died 4 days apart. IDK what to do with myself. My poor parents are struggling. My mom had barely started grieving when my dad's dad passed. So she has to be there for my dad, all while trying to grieve for her own father....and vice versa. I don't know how they're going to handle the next few days/weeks/months. I feel like there's nothing I can do. I don't know how to do it.

Life just really sucks sometimes.

If you guys could just keep us in your thoughts, that would be really appreciated. We aren't religious, but my dad's parents are/were. So feel free to send prayers if that's your thing.

I'll probably be around here trying to distract myself for a while. Hope everyone is well, and just wanted to say be sure to hug your loved ones and tell them you love them. You never know when it will be the last time you get to do that.

Sorry for the debbie downer post. I know it's difficult to post about normal stuff when someone drops in with bad news. Have a good day all.

Man, this is brutal. So sorry for you and your family. I was close with my dad's dad, and his death (10+ years ago now) was really hard on me. This is obvious, I guess, but in the process, I learned that death of a parent can make the child feel really alone, so the more you can just be there when your parents call / come by, the better off they will be. Reaching out to them more than usual is even better.

It took my dad a couple of years to really get over it. It's a long haul.

Condolences.

Yea, unfortunately for my mom, she's not close with the rest of her family. Our family is pretty fucked up. She speaks to my grandma, but there was a falling out with her sister/my aunt, so she doesn't really talk to her. My grandma is really close with my aunt, so it's just a general relationship between my mom and grandmother.

She hated her dad's 2nd wife, and the feeling was mutual, and an incident where her dad's 2nd wife told my aunt something my mom said about her completely blew up the family's relationships. So it's basically my mom/our family vs the rest of them.

The rough part is we all used to be SO CLOSE...always at each others' houses, swimming, BBQing, etc. I was close with my cousins and we had huge family gatherings at Xmas and Thanksgiving. Now we don't see them on any holidays and I've lost all contact with my cousins and their kids, so the only memories I have are of when we were all teenagers or early 20s. So I just know their kids from when they were elementary school age.

So my mom has no family to talk to, and no real friends that she's close with, so I'm the only one she really has to talk to. My brother doesn't really talk to her, at least not real talks. And she only really ever had her dad to talk to about family stuff, or things that she just wouldn't want to talk with me about. So now she's got no one. My dad talks to her, but he's one of those guys who doesn't really talk about emotional stuff, and also he works early in the morning, so he goes to bed early, and there isn't much time for them together other than dinner.

Anywayyyy....family drama really gets brought out when there's a death and everyone has to see each other. It's just rough.

Thanks though for all the condolences and well wishes. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
What are you work from home/home office essentials? Boss said to let them know of anything I need or want

Dual Monitors, Docking Station, Laser-All-in-One, Good Chair, Webcam, Speaker, Air Pods.

Man, I forgot that Endless Mike was in Band of Brothers.

You joke but most IRS employees only accept mail or fax so we send and receive a lot of faxes.

We finally switched to eFax a few years ago.

we receive a lot of faxes as well, they're just converted to emails for us, fortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back