• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree, strick.

The "Academy" traditionally refers to post-secondary/tertiary/higher education and an academic is (research or teaching) staff in a university faculty.

Not all academic faculty are educators, but it's a nice way to acknowledge that we share many of the same classroon goals with primary and secondary teachers even if our audiences are different

Last edited:
Is D&D worth it? I could also see myself getting into it.

I mean, it’s been awesome for me and my friends. Accelerated my friend group growth significantly.

But as a game, yes. It’s a ton of fun, though the other players/DM can make a big difference

We don't have any, it's all good.

Y'all got friends? Like IRL? That you hang out with in person?

Seriously though, we had the baptism this weekend and my uncle was like, "Tim, all the people you invited are in their 50s and 60s, dont you know anyone your age?" and I was like, "All the neighbors I know are retired guys."

I mean, it’s been awesome for me and my friends. Accelerated my friend group growth significantly.

But as a game, yes. It’s a ton of fun, though the other players/DM can make a big difference

Damn I’m extremely D&D curious but not sure if I could get my friend group to by into it.

Yeah, I agree, strick.

The "Academy" traditionally refers to post-secondary/tertiary/higher education and an academic is (research or teaching) staff in a university faculty.

Not all academic faculty are educators, but it's a nice way to acknowledge that we share many of the same classroon goals with primary and secondary teachers even if our audiences are different

4.gif

I've got a couple of nights free in Denver coming up, get in on a Saturday for meetings starting on Tuesday.

Haven't spent time in the city before. What should I do? Would prefer not to rent a car but could be persuaded. Mainly looking for cool local food and booze.

I've got a couple of nights free in Denver coming up, get in on a Saturday for meetings starting on Tuesday.

Haven't spent time in the city before. What should I do? Would prefer not to rent a car but could be persuaded. Mainly looking for cool local food and booze.

they gotta pretty sweet pinball bar called 1UP

ETA: itc posted the answer here!

thanks!

During lockdown I was having an awkward zoom hang with some other dads at my kids daycare in an attempt to do a social thing and someone was like “i always wanted to try D&D” and 6 of us all said the same thing and then we did it. Over zoom weekly until last fall when we moved to IRL

Otherwise I’d have to go to a game club and play with randoms i guess. Having a group of noobs all the same life-phase made it pretty chill /fun

Last edited:
I mean y’all see these dorks on Netflix playing dungeons and dragons and one of them get some maniac girlfriend who doesn’t speak English and the other guy pulls a redhead and now y’all think dungeons and dragons might actually get you laid. What is the matter with you people?

Motherfuckin' Milk Market. It's a must now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back