Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2006

Thread: CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyClutch View Post
    Considering how much work 3.5 hour flights are with twin 10 month year old's, I don't think Europe is in the cards for us either at the moment. So don't feel like you missed out too much. Boys start getting really antsy at the end after naps and feedings, and they are not interested in screens yet. I love the idea of travelling with them while they are still free to fly, but the length of the flight and the amount of stuff we bring with us is also a restriction.
    TITCR

The potato-phase of child rearing has some upsides, but "easy to travel on a plane" is not one of them.

I was talking to a waiter today about education and what teachers make in Portugal. Teaching is also apparently considered a very good job here. I will no longer complain about my salary.

Now itís off to bed so I can do a 5 mile loop through the historic district before we head to Algarve tomorrow. Miss you all, stateside chat brethren. And Sangria is not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    I was talking to a waiter today about education and what teachers make in Portugal. Teaching is also apparently considered a very good job here. I will no longer complain about my salary.

Now itís off to bed so I can do a 5 mile loop through the historic district before we head to Algarve tomorrow. Miss you all, stateside chat brethren. And Sangria is not my thing.
    We're taking good care of your mom in your absence, my friend.

THE quintessential dwarf dartsndeacs's Avatar
    What the hell happened to Justin Timberlake

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...144843806.html

Dude ain't aging great
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Deac Doug View Post
    We're taking good care of your mom in your absence, my friend.
    High five bro !

Message Board Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by dartsndeacs View Post
    What the hell happened to Justin Timberlake

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...144843806.html

Dude ain't aging great
    Meanwhile things are going great for Britney !

THE quintessential dwarf dartsndeacs's Avatar
    Are Elon Musk and Nick Cannon in a contest to see who can have more offspring?
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

Antonio Cromartie says hello

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    i just googled the guy, he went to kent state, so don't think it's cata
    80% chance it is the CEO's flunky brother.

I cruel joke to be exhausted, but still awake.

Birdman, what are the birds with hooked bills in Portugal that build the gigantic nests in the crooks of the electrical towers over here?

Message Board Genius
    Hook billed electric nest builder.

Portuguese bird I think

Birdman, what are the birds with hooked bills in Portugal that build the gigantic nests in the crooks of the electrical towers over here?
    The Algarve stork

The algarve is pretty sweet

Like these guys? https://pixels.com/featured/a-storks...otography.html

Technically they are white storks but Timmyclutch is right, they are called algrave storks in Portugal.
    Birds are real.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Like these guys? https://pixels.com/featured/a-storks...otography.html

Technically they are white storks but Timmyclutch is right, they are called algrave storks in Portugal.
    Yep. Timmy, enjoyed a lunch and a few hours in Evora. Pretty town. Headed to Algrave this afternoon and evening for a couple days.

Question, are portions this big just because Iím in tourist areas or do all Portuguese people eat 2.5 pounds of food per meal?

Also there are times when I sit back and realize that Iím luckier than like 99.9 percent of the population on earth and I should probably be more appreciative.

I disagree with you
    taking a kid-free trip to Chicago in December.

Restaurant recommendations please !

Yep. Timmy, enjoyed a lunch and a few hours in Evora. Pretty town. Headed to Algrave this afternoon and evening for a couple days.

Question, are portions this big just because Iím in tourist areas or do all Portuguese people eat 2.5 pounds of food per meal?
    You mean the thin cut of meat covered in oil and garlic with a side of french fries, rice and salad? That's pretty much just how they do it at most local restaurants, touristy or not. There are some tapas style restaurants but all in all the food doesn't vary much. Spain on the other hand, oh boy (chef kiss).

We though Evora was kind of a bust, besides the Chapel of Bones, few hours was probably plenty. There is another guy on the board who lives near Vale Lobo if you are down that way.

Wages in Portugal are a joke. Its like Eastern European prices in Western Europe. Lawyers make like 30k, so I am guessing teachers are a bit less than that. Fascism really did Portugal dirty and it is taking them a while to come out of it. This is why all the Brits vacation and retire there, so cheap and good weather.