• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Correctly Modded C9++ Mafia Presented by Gooner - ROLES OUT, THREAD GOING UP SOON

buddy's wife was about to go meet the team in person after five (!) interviews

like come on shit or get off the pot

after seeing a resume and cover letter, I only need like 10 minutes of in-person discussion to know if a person is a good fit or not

TITCR plus, who has the fucking time to spend interviewing a candidate for fucking round after round like that? I presume that there are other candidates in the pipe who get equal treatment and that spins up workload like fucking fast.

buddy's wife was about to go meet the team in person after five (!) interviews

like come on shit or get off the pot

after seeing a resume and cover letter, I only need like 10 minutes of in-person discussion to know if a person is a good fit or not

lots of studies recently have proven that interviews dont actually help in the hiring process anyway

From the Yale School of Management:
http://journal.sjdm.org/12/121130a/jdm121130a.pdf

"Unstructured interviews are a ubiquitous tool for making screening decisions despite a vast literature suggesting that they have little validity. We sought to establish reasons why people might persist in the illusion that unstructured interviews are valid and what features about them actually lead to poor predictive accuracy. In three studies, we investigated the propensity for “sensemaking” - the ability for interviewers to make sense of virtually anything the interviewee says— and “dilution”—the tendency for available but non-diagnostic information to weaken the predictive value of quality information. In Study 1, participants predicted two fellow students’ semester GPAs from valid background information like prior GPA and, for one of them, an unstructured interview. In one condition, the interview was essentially nonsense in that the interviewee was actually answering questions using a random response system. Consistent with sensemaking, participants formed interview impressions just as confidently after getting random responses as they did after real responses. Consistent with dilution, interviews actually led participants to make worse predictions. Study 2 showed that watching a random interview, rather than personally conducting it, did little to mitigate sensemaking. Study 3 showed that participants believe unstructured interviews will help accuracy, so much so that they would rather have random interviews than no interview. People form confident impressions even interviews are defined to be invalid, like our random interview, and these impressions can interfere with the use of valid information. Our simple recommendation for those making screening decisions is not to use them."

Last edited:
Also I’m drunk and in Florida and I’m probably gonna get to meet birdman and ph so nothing gooner says can hurt me right now.

Just lit a couple beacons. It’s the weekend so we’ll see who turns up

Sign up here, will take first 13, will send out roles Monday night/Tuesday morning

1) toogs
2) Diggler
3) gouda
4) rommy
5) Juice
6) SD3
7) Da
8) bym (tentative)
9) Tejas
10) Knight
11) Catamount
12)
13)

Need updated responses for a game starting 6/21 from:

mako
blue

This. Is. Tempting. It's been a long time.

I didn't know you all still played but I can't play when I'm at work which is mon,wed,fri. I work from home Tuesday and Thursday

Well you’re in luck because this starts Tuesday

I didn't know you all still played but I can't play when I'm at work which is mon,wed,fri. I work from home Tuesday and Thursday

Goddamn. I’ll play from the beach and sea world if manning plays.

Back