• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Mafia Game Happened Here - Mafia Wins

Let's all take a step back and recognize how well modded this game was. Round of applause for the best waiter at the Legends outlet mall in Wyandotte county.

let's not undersell how correctly modded it was too

giphy.gif

Thanks for running this perfectly modded game Gooner. Was lots of fun

Congrats to Bym for correctly guessing my alignment before I posted

Congrats to Rommy for an amazing Day 1 in his first game back

Congrats to Knight for the double taps and the tractor

And huge shout out to SD3 and Gouda for an amazing victory. Gouda also deserves props for his new pump

Thanks for running this perfectly modded game Gooner. Was lots of fun

Congrats to Bym for correctly guessing my alignment before I posted

Congrats to Rommy for an amazing Day 1 in his first game back

Congrats to Knight for the double taps and the tractor

And huge shout out to SD3 and Gouda for an amazing victory. Gouda also deserves props for his new pump

Would like to hear the criteria that drove the decision. Always like to have people who have done things to provide insight.

I can fill in the blanks for my work.

There is nothing Tejas said that looked town aligned.

Seriously, he got 3 votes fast and never gave a reason to not vote for him. Probably because there were 2 mafia in the lead.

I can fill in the blanks for my work.

There is nothing Tejas said that looked town aligned.

Seriously, he got 3 votes fast and never gave a reason to not vote for him. Probably because there were 2 mafia in the lead.

yeah mafia was down bad but we let them off the hook. they were who we thought they were and we let them off the hook

Would like to hear the criteria that drove the decision. Always like to have people who have done things to provide insight.

I measured the GPM that I get out of my existing exterior faucets and then looked at different pumps' outputs to try and get a system that produced the same gpm. My well is 25 feet deep with about 10 ft of water (so the foot valve will be 20 ft down) so to get ~7 GPM I only needed a 1/2hp pump. 3/4hp or larger would be needed if I was going to run a multiple zone sprinkler system with well water, but since the well casing is only 6" if I was to try and run more than 1 zone at a time I'd run out of water. If I only run 1 zone at a time water seeps in quickly enough that I could run it all day if I needed to (according to neighbors with similar systems).

Also the 1/2 HP pump that I got is red, which I like.

yeah mafia was down bad but we let them off the hook. they were who we thought they were and we let them off the hook

SK was almost lynched too, we have a bad habit of giving people a pass if they narrowly survive a day.

SK was almost lynched too, we have a bad habit of giving people a pass if they narrowly survive a day.

it happens on the show Survivor too. must be human nature.

it sucks because if you have a tie late in a mafia day, you would learn more than 2x just by killing both people in the tie. you learn a lot from movement between vote blocks, etc.

we have a bad habit of giving people a pass if they narrowly survive a day.

drives me nuts

the whole push for sd3 was less about him being mafia than the information we glean by knowing his status or not

but people around these parts are way more into reads and tones

as I was spending time going through the potential letter combos for the game, I had the thought that the c9++ format for mafia is pretty genius

back when i started playing on these boards it was always known the existing roles -- haven't played a game with known roles since i started back during the covid summer

drives me nuts

the whole push for sd3 was less about him being mafia than the information we glean by knowing his status or not

I'm way more into winning

Good reads though

drives me nuts

for the noobs among us - what kind of information? Just having someone in a tie so you can see who defends/moves?

i can say that as a relatively new player, there seems to be a bias here against anyone changing votes, which seems to encourage a very random D1 vote.

i can say that as a relatively new player, there seems to be a bias here against anyone changing votes, which seems to encourage a very random D1 vote.

how do you come to that conclusion given the way d1 ended?

for the noobs among us - what kind of information? Just having someone in a tie so you can see who defends/moves?

for one, gouda's move to put a late vote on tejas (maf) over sd3 (a "?" in this game but had we lynched sd3 d2, sd3 becomes a known maf) becomes meaningless if you know both tejas and sd3 are mafia. gouda rode the cred from killing tejas for a while.

The biases are real, that's one of the reasons I feel like mafia always comes back around here. We know each other really well and can see deviations from "normal" play (whether that is true or not), which impacts Day 1 more than most because there's nothing else to go on. Changing votes is just one of those things, if you know that rommy (for example) is a guy who jumps around a lot and he changes votes, won't trigger much. If it's toogs instead who isn't as jumpy, or someone who isn't as experienced like you or Cata that starts switching votes around, that triggers the spidey senses.

Fair? Probably not, Day 1 usually doesn't end up with a mafia lynch unless damo is playing, but the biases are so ingrained now that it just kind of happens.

Vote count with 30 mins left in d1:

Diggler (3) - gouda, Knight, rommy
Tejas (2) - bym, blue
SD3 (2) - Tejas, Juice
Da (2) - Diggler, Cata
Bym (2) - Da, toogs
Blue (1) - Duff
Toogs (1) - SD3

Vote count at end of d1:

Tejas (4) - bym, blue, gouda, rommy
SD3 (3) - Tejas, Juice, Duff
Bym (3) - Da, toogs, Knight
Da (2) - Diggler, Cata
Toogs (1) - SD3

bolded names made switches (4). None of the 4 were punished by civs the following day

additionally, sd3 sat with his meaningless vote and could feel empowered to switch and protect tejas as the GF

none of that means he's mafia, but the goal as civs is to have as many puzzle pieces at your disposal late in the game to put together as clear a picture as possible

Back