• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Realignment

I agree no one in our pod wants us, because we're getting treated like the step child of NC, and we'll also kick your ass. But still think we got screwed with any kind of meaningful rivalry games. Duke doesn't cut it in fball.

If you want to see how much the ACC values Wake football, just take a look at this. So disappointing.

100% agree. The ACC determined everyone else's rivals, and essentially decided whomever's left will play WF. Just crazy that DUKE FOOTBALL was given a higher priority than WF. Was counting on the ACC not pairing WF and UNC, but to separate State from WF really is indefensible. Not only has the series been ultra competitive (and well-attended), this is one of the few true traditional rivalries among conference teams. Beyond stupid to not ensure that WF and State play every year in football.

does Wake have the easiest primary opponents for the four-year window? it's us, Cuse, or Pitt I think

does the four year window also indicate they'll look to change primary opponents in 2027?

Disappointed to lose NCSU, but on the upside we have a guaranteed games in VA and GA every other year, which is probably good for recruiting. And Georgia Tech and Duke are easily beatable.

I'm fine with getting VT and Duke as I was operating under the assumption UNC would opt for UVA over playing us. But getting GT instead of NC State is so stupid. Just give GT to Duke and give us NC State

Disappointed to lose NCSU, but on the upside we have a guaranteed games in VA and GA every other year, which is probably good for recruiting. And Georgia Tech and Duke are easily beatable.

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if Clawson wanted this schedule for that reason. We lost a ton of money at the gate going from State to GT though. That’s a big hit.

Now that I've had a minute to reflect, I am very disappointed that State isn't in our group. I also fully agree that we're the little guy that no one wants to play because we'll also regularly beat them. State fans are probably rejoicing that they only have to play at Wake once every 4 years.

I'm also not as down on this schedule as most seem to be. This isn't the UNC situation of years past where we only played them once every 6 years or whatever it was. We'll see them an average of every other season. VT is one of the premier brands of ACC football, and Blacksburg will be an awesome place to see a game every other year. It's an upgrade over NC State in every way. GT might not be very good lately, but playing in Atlanta is great. It could have been a lot worse.

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if Clawson wanted this schedule for that reason. We lost a ton of money at the gate going from State to GT though. That’s a big hit.

The glass half full way to look at this is that we traded NC State for VT. I think that's a clear upgrade, and fully expect the stadium to be packed for that game every year.

Is there a easier pod than ours? At least in terms of how good each team has been in the last 5 years? I genuinely think we got the easiest one.

Atlanta has one of the bigger Wake Alumni communities so playing every other year in Atlanta I’m sure is good for fundraising.

If the plan is to change rivals every four years, I could see switching out Duke and State and maybe adding UNC.

Is anyone but Duke happy with these "rivalries"? Maybe Clemson? UNC has to be thrilled they got UVA instead of us.

If the plan is to change rivals every four years, I could see switching out Duke and State and maybe adding UNC.

Is there any indication that's what they're doing? I would be in favor of it.

I think they put the timeline in to see if it works. I'm sure the SEC will be doing something different by then that the ACC will try to copy.

The only indication of anything long-term is that they announced for four years rather than eight.

Have had that 2023 @Pitt game circled on my calendar for a decade...might as well postpone it another year :rolleyes:

Since the Panthers joined the ACC in 2013, WF has never played at Pitt in football. Among current ACC teams, have all of the other ACC teams played at least one game every other ACC school?

Not thrilled with our annual partners but still think that this is way better than the current set up

Since the Panthers joined the ACC in 2013, WF has never played at Pitt in football. Among current ACC teams, have all of the other ACC teams played at least one game every other ACC school?

The last time WF played at Miami was 2013, so we have another one that is close to the same

Back