• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Realignment

Boston College: Miami, Pitt, Syracuse
Clemson: Florida State, Georgia Tech, NC State
Duke: North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest
Florida State: Clemson, Miami, Syracuse
Georgia Tech: Clemson, Louisville, Wake Forest
Louisville: Georgia Tech, Miami, Virginia
Miami: Boston College, Florida State, Louisville
North Carolina: Duke, NC State, Virginia
NC State: Clemson, Duke, North Carolina
Pitt: Boston College, Syracuse, Virginia Tech
Syracuse: Boston College, Florida State, Pitt
Virginia: Louisville, North Carolina, Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech: Pitt, Virginia, Wake Forest
Wake Forest: Duke, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech

That fucking blows

These rivals are terrible. We do not have a rivalry with Virginia Tech or Georgia Tech.

Our rivals (in order) in my opinion are: Duke, UNC, NC State, Boston College, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Florida State, Pitt, Virginia Tech, Miami, Louisville, Syracuse.

Boston College: Miami, Pitt, Syracuse
Clemson: Florida State, Georgia Tech, NC State
Duke: North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest
Florida State: Clemson, Miami, Syracuse
Georgia Tech: Clemson, Louisville, Wake Forest
Louisville: Georgia Tech, Miami, Virginia
Miami: Boston College, Florida State, Louisville
North Carolina: Duke, NC State, Virginia
NC State: Clemson, Duke, North Carolina
Pitt: Boston College, Syracuse, Virginia Tech
Syracuse: Boston College, Florida State, Pitt
Virginia: Louisville, North Carolina, Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech: Pitt, Virginia, Wake Forest
Wake Forest: Duke, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech

That fucking blows

Yup. Sucks donkey balls and is completely uninspiring. Way to shit the bed, ACC.

Every write-up about this said something like, "Wake and UNC have scheduled each other non-conference which highlights how ACC division scheduling has hurt longstanding rivalries." So now, Wake is being put with a "rival" we've played 9 times since 1984.

Just checked - its actually postponed 2 year. So 2025 we finally get to Pittsburgh.

Just checked - its actually postponed 2 year. So 2025 we finally get to Pittsburgh.

Where is the 5-5 schedule? So they're doing home-home in back to back years?

I assume we won't be playing State and UNC in the same set. Probably the same with FSU and Miami.

Where is the 5-5 schedule? So they're doing home-home in back to back years?

I assume we won't be playing State and UNC in the same set. Probably the same with FSU and Miami.

posting again:

Wake Forest ACC schedules:
2023: Home – FSU, GT, NCSU, Pitt; Away – Clemson, Duke, Cuse, VT
2024: Home – Duke, UL, Miami, VT; Away – BC, GT, NCSU, UVA
2025: Home – Clemson, GT, UNC, Cuse; Away – Duke, FSU, Pitt, VT
2026: Home – BC, Duke, UVA, VT; Away – GT, UL, Miami, UNC

So now we have to schedule non-conference games against UNC and NCSU - brilliant work.

I posted Les's tweet with our ACC schedule over the next few years

Thanks. I missed that.

So that's a weird set up. We play State in 23/24 but play L'Ville in 24/26. I assumed we'd play a common 5 opponents in 23/24 and 25/26 or 23/25 and 24/26.

That 2024 schedule looks like a good chance to get to 8-0.

So now we have to schedule non-conference games against UNC and NCSU - brilliant work.

Yep, we should do that. The awkwardness of the non-con Wake-UNC game contributed to this change, but they didn't acknowledge the rivalry. They should have made UVa-UNC try a non-con game if they cared for the game so much.

Glad we didn't get some janky new team like Louisville or Syracuse, but only getting one NC team and it being Duke sucks. I fucking knew UNC would opt for UVA. Putting them with Clemson seems like a short-sided thing like Duke vs Maryland in bball when the announced those pairings.

Yup. Duke football desires being put above WF football tells me all I need to know about the ACC, which was already about as low as it gets.

I thought we may get stuck with a Syracuse/BC, but I never thought we wouldn't have at least 2 of the 3 Big-4 rivalries maintained. This is worse than pretty much every projection I saw leading up to this.

The division are gone, thankfully. It's an easier path for us to win games and get into the conference championship. VT is a shell, been fading for years. GT is a mess. Duke is Duke. No Clemson every year is big. So from that standpoint, if you want to say this is a "win" cause it's an easier path, OK.

Not having NC State has an every-year game is awful, let alone UNC continuing to be an infrequent game. All of these shoddy realignments sacrificing meaning for money. Shocking, I know. Give me the rivalry games and classic bowls back over the playoff or further expansion. It has been so lackluster.

posting again:

Wake Forest ACC schedules:

2026 is maybe the weakest slate of home conference games I can remember lol.

When is the last time we won a football game in Blacksburg?

Ga Tech is boring.

NC State probably said "we never want to play WFU again" since we basically infuriate them by beating them.

One thing to keep in mind is that this is set to change again once Wake appears in multiple ACC championships over the first 4 years

I can't get over this, absolute joke how we got treated here.

we're def going 8-0 in 2024. book your hotel rooms in Charlotte now.

If I am the defensive coordinator at GT, I am turning in my notice.

When is the last time we won a football game in Blacksburg?

Ga Tech is boring.

NC State probably said "we never want to play WFU again" since we basically infuriate them by beating them.

Clawson is 2-1 against VT. The one loss was at Blacksburg.

We have only played at Virginia Tech 5 times since 1980. The last WF win was 13-6 in 1983.

I can't get over this, absolute joke how we got treated here.

we're def going 8-0 in 2024. book your hotel rooms in Charlotte now.

Success is the best revenge. I can imagine State or UNC going 6-2 and getting left out because they had to play each other and Wake getting in at 7-1 or 8-0 against a weak schedule. I can also see Clawson in the press conference in Charlotte saying, "We wanted to play State and UNC, but that's not who the league gave us."

7c0e1462ded9baf755a1bc6e0c009d27_crop_exact.jpg

Back