• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Realignment

Boston College: Miami, Pitt, Syracuse
Clemson: Florida State, Georgia Tech, NC State
Duke: North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest
Florida State: Clemson, Miami, Syracuse
Georgia Tech: Clemson, Louisville, Wake Forest
Louisville: Georgia Tech, Miami, Virginia
Miami: Boston College, Florida State, Louisville
North Carolina: Duke, NC State, Virginia
NC State: Clemson, Duke, North Carolina
Pitt: Boston College, Syracuse, Virginia Tech
Syracuse: Boston College, Florida State, Pitt
Virginia: Louisville, North Carolina, Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech: Pitt, Virginia, Wake Forest
Wake Forest: Duke, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech

That fucking blows

Not thrilled with the teams, but take consolation in the fact I can see Wake in Atlanta every other year.

Ga Tech is worst case scenario. At least it's an easy win.

Glad we didn't get some janky new team like Louisville or Syracuse, but only getting one NC team and it being Duke sucks. I fucking knew UNC would opt for UVA. Putting them with Clemson seems like a short-sided thing like Duke vs Maryland in bball when the announced those pairings.

Glad we didn't get some janky new team like Louisville or Syracuse, but only getting one NC team and it being Duke sucks. I fucking knew UNC would opt for UVA. Putting them with Clemson seems like a short-sided thing like Duke vs Maryland in bball when the announced those pairings.

shortsighted.

just saw on Twitter that 2025 will be the first time Wake-State haven't played since 1910

Boston College: Miami, Pitt, Syracuse
Clemson: Florida State, Georgia Tech, NC State
Duke: North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest
Florida State: Clemson, Miami, Syracuse
Georgia Tech: Clemson, Louisville, Wake Forest
Louisville: Georgia Tech, Miami, Virginia
Miami: Boston College, Florida State, Louisville
North Carolina: Duke, NC State, Virginia
NC State: Clemson, Duke, North Carolina
Pitt: Boston College, Syracuse, Virginia Tech
Syracuse: Boston College, Florida State, Pitt
Virginia: Louisville, North Carolina, Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech: Pitt, Virginia, Wake Forest
Wake Forest: Duke, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech

That fucking blows

I am thinking that they are going to need a lot of tie breakers, since without the divisions, there could be not only a lot of same conference records, but no head-to-head matchup to determine a winners.

Duke gets UNC, State and WF every year. Why does that program get to maintain it's in-state games, while WF only gets one?

GT is a ridiculously bad choice as WF every year rival.

Also, weird to me how UNC v. UVA is treated as rivalry that must be maintained.

Disappointing. But at least we can push a narrative that State was too scared to maintain the rivalry. I agree that it's nuts that Duke keeps in-state rivals and we don't.

The other one that seems crazy is FSU-Cuse.

Last edited:
Would've made a lot more sense if:

Duke v. GT and State v. WF were both kept as rivalries.

Terrible. How does Duke get the schedule we want?

If you want to see how much the ACC values Wake football, just take a look at this. So disappointing.

Wake is the premier football team in NC and we just got treated like a baby back bitch. We got the leftovers, there's nothing else to our 3 rivals. They are the absolute leftovers that no one else had any ties to. Absolute joke. Yeah, GT and Duke are great to pile up wins, but still this is a joke of a pod. Worst one by far.

Well at least we don't automatically play Clemson every year now. State cannot say the same.

You have to keep this in perspective -- no one in our pod is excited about playing us every year either, and they're probably going to lose.

Terrible. How does Duke get the schedule we want?

Because they're an easy win. Our rivals are scared of us. I think the VT game is actually a good opportunity for us. We recruit VA pretty hard, and it's so close. Also could be a pretty significant game with both teams being good. GT is just bizarre.

Well at least we don't automatically play Clemson every year now. State cannot say the same.

We got a good schedule for going 8-0. No question there.

I hope this means they'll change rivals every four years.

Back