• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tour de France 2022 thread

Hay bales in the street get it together stage 5

This stage more or less decided the Tour this year. Bummed.

I could only pop in for bits and didn't have sound, but did Jumbo-Visma fuck something up or just have terrible luck?

I could only pop in for bits and didn't have sound, but did Jumbo-Visma fuck something up or just have terrible luck?

mechanical issue for Vingegaard, and roglic got got by a dumb hay bale in the middle of the street

it's a mix of bad luck and poor race organizing in my view. i don't know what the cobblestones add apart from something unique, it's not an especially technical skill to avoid punctures going 35 mph on an uneven surface. and the hay bales were positioned so poorly and unnecessarily as boundary markers on a bottleneck that of course they were liable to go into the course.

J-V got hit hardest by this even with Wout doing insane work to bring Jonas back, even keeping the yellow for another day. Arguably Ineos should have pressed for an advantage while bad luck was hitting some big players. But it just means Pogacar is a shoo-in now, he's gonna fucking smash the mountains.

Glad WVA kept his jersey, but like you said, it'll be tough in the mountains. Tadej is nasty on the hills. I remember a stage last year where he just looked to have another gear that the other riders didn't.

IMHO, if you win as a rookie, they should just pay you to retire. Tadej is just better and it's not fair.

Real tough day for Jumbo. They still have a ton of firepower though. Love how Tadej is just fine going YOLO at his own discretion.

Tadej just absolutely exploded at the finish for the stage win/probable yellow. Nobody else had anywhere near the burst to keep up with him after the pace Van Aert set for most of the day.

mechanical issue for Vingegaard, and roglic got got by a dumb hay bale in the middle of the street

it's a mix of bad luck and poor race organizing in my view. i don't know what the cobblestones add apart from something unique, it's not an especially technical skill to avoid punctures going 35 mph on an uneven surface. and the hay bales were positioned so poorly and unnecessarily as boundary markers on a bottleneck that of course they were liable to go into the course.

J-V got hit hardest by this even with Wout doing insane work to bring Jonas back, even keeping the yellow for another day. Arguably Ineos should have pressed for an advantage while bad luck was hitting some big players. But it just means Pogacar is a shoo-in now, he's gonna fucking smash the mountains.

We'll Roubaix is a pretty big race and those cobbles are nasty, I did a several sectors a few years ago for my cycling 'bucket list'.

Speaking of Paris-Roubaix. If you haven't seen it, a must watch, even if you're not a huge cycling guy.

Tour is over now. It was a fun 6 days.

Possibly, with Vineegaard within seconds and Roglic minutes back there shouldn't be any in fighting on Jumbo. Jumbo and Ineos both have better overall teams than UAE. While Pogacar is the best individual if you have Roglic and van Aert pulling for you I think Jumbo can wear UAE out.

Tadej is a fucking machine

Vingegaard made the right move but Tadej just had the legs in the last 10m

Feel for Kemna, no human should be able to do what the yellow did today on that 24% finish

Tadej is a fucking machine

Vingegaard made the right move but Tadej just had the legs in the last 10m

Yeah Vingegaard made a great move, timed it right and looked very strong. But Tadej was just like “nah”

Back