• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tour de France 2022 thread

That was a great finish. So glad I tuned in w/ 10k to go...

What a sprint from Wout to steal the stage today

Not sure he stole it, he was actually one of the favorites to win. I don’t think he can climb the big mountains well enough the win a tour.

Not good news regarding Covid positives. Maybe they let their guard down too much.

Not sure he stole it, he was actually one of the favorites to win. I don’t think he can climb the big mountains well enough the win a tour.

Just mean no way he was favored when he was 5th and pinned inside in the last sprint

Fun stage today. Enjoyed all the attacks and counters up front without much in the way of GC implications. Straightaway finish was neat too.

With Bennett out due to covid this really is the ultimate Tadej vs Jumbo Visma showdown.

Epic

Somewhat amazing that Sepp Kuss is only the 4th best on the Jumbo team. The US has the best crop of young riders it may have ever had in pro-cycling.

With Bennett out due to covid this really is the ultimate Tadej vs Jumbo Visma showdown.

They wore Tadej out because he didn't have any teammates in the middle of the stage. Its amazing how important the teams are for the GC riders. 8 vs 5 is nearly impossible to overcome.

Kinda ill that they're making me watch on Peacock instead of USA, but still playing commercials.

They wore Tadej out because he didn't have any teammates in the middle of the stage. Its amazing how important the teams are for the GC riders. 8 vs 5 is nearly impossible to overcome.

I was curious about this. I'm like a real casual watcher -- really dig le Tour, try to watch any Vuelta or Giro stages when I see them, and like the old 70s docs about Merckx, etc. -- and figured yesterday was a lot about the difference in teams between UAE and J-V, but definitely still don't totally understand everything. Kind of a bummer for Tadej if it was a lot of dumb team luck/Covid, but that's how it goes.

A lot of my enjoyment is just digging the scenery of them riding through towns and the countryside in Europe, I think.

I was curious about this. I'm like a real casual watcher -- really dig le Tour, try to watch any Vuelta or Giro stages when I see them, and like the old 70s docs about Merckx, etc. -- and figured yesterday was a lot about the difference in teams between UAE and J-V, but definitely still don't totally understand everything. Kind of a bummer for Tadej if it was a lot of dumb team luck/Covid, but that's how it goes.

A lot of my enjoyment is just digging the scenery of them riding through towns and the countryside in Europe, I think.

Yes and no. Tadej is still young. I think he was thinking he was really superman. He chased breaks he shouldn't have. Yes his team would have helped but, not that Lance is the total example you want to use, but he had some pretty weak teams but was very experienced and knew how to use his opponents teams against them.

Think about a sprint finish. Cavindish has won with his team leading him out and by following the fast guys on the other teams.

Tadej, has never really been on the defensive in any of this three TDF's until yesterday. He might not have kept yellow but he wouldn't have had the huge time loss.

Kinda ill that they're making me watch on Peacock instead of USA, but still playing commercials.

BTW, IMO if you are using Peacock, you need to use the non-USA feed. No commercials and European announcers. NBC etc are too methodical in their coverage. I go for the Euro feeds when I can get them. I was in Europe last week and got the GCN+ feed which I think is the best coverage, but I can't use it in the US.

Back