Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tour de France 2022 thread

Tour de France 2022 thread

Couldnít immediately find the usual thread so here we go

Tour starts at 9:30 in Copenhagen with a short time trial today

Never knew we had a usual thread. Love watching the TDF.

This should have been in the cricket thread.

My mom is going to watch a few stages later this month. Think she's hitting Alp D'Huez (sp) and some Pyrenees stages before hitting the final in Paris.

We were planning to go the summer after COVID started. Who knows when we'll make it over now.

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    My mom is going to watch a few stages later this month. Think she's hitting Alp D'Huez (sp) and some Pyrenees stages before hitting the final in Paris.
    Awesome, saw them setting up stands on Champs Elysees last week

Tadej destroying the time trial and claiming the yellow over his friend and countryman two years ago was one of the most epic and dramatic sporting moments Iíve watched.

When I was buying my bike, one dealer I visited said, "You know what the best bike in the Tour is?"

I said, "Whatever bike Tadej Pogacar is riding."

The answer he was looking for was Pinarello. Also, I bought a Pinarello, but from somewhere different.

The ride last year in the stage where Tadej took over in the mountains was one of the most impressive things Iíve seen on a bike. He didnít even win the stage, but just destroyed the closest challengers.

primoz and tadej are doing things on bikes we've not seen these last few years, just inhuman athletes

Damn, pouring today in Copenhagen.

Cool that Jakobsen got the stage win today, that crash in Poland they showed was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGouldandBlack View Post
    Cool that Jakobsen got the stage win today, that crash in Poland they showed was crazy.
    He could have died for sure

If anyone wants to see it. Wonder what happened to the official/fan/camera man that took the full brunt of it. He just disappeared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s8f98Frj78

And Groenewegen - the guy who caused that and was suspended for 9 months - gets it today? Wild. That was close.

WOUT

wins in yellow, what a boss, great move on the climb, didn't need to use the big leg domestiques to help either, great tactics, great ride

Wout is such a boss. Great move and finish by him today.

I hope Wout is able to keep the jersey the entire tour. Yesterday was an amazing stage.

Damn, Wout with a couple close calls today!

Digging the off-roading in this one.