• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Need a guy who can rig a frogger machine so that I can moveit without losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a place last Thursday night:

2 Beers $14
1 mixed drink special $10
1 glass of Chianti $11

Burrata Panzanella Salad $14
Charred Sugar Snap Peas with Crispy Guancale & Lemon Shallot Yogurt $9
Garden Pizza $16
Veal Scallopina Piccata $29

Total: $103
Total with 7.25% Tax: $110.47
Total with Tip 20%: $132.56

Menu

I got out kind of cheap here because I had a craving for veggie pizza instead of an entree. We also could have easily spent another $20 on wine if we hadn't had the other drinks.

Last edited:
I was alarmingly old before I learned a daiquiri did not have to be a cloyingly sweet slushee.

I'm a big fan of the classic daquiri and have been making them at home this summer. I use agave syrup instead of simple syrup and my go to rum for this drink is Probitas.

mid-end dinner for two = $125????

what is an example of this mid-end

Only one we've kept under $100 this month was brunch. Rest are all dinners for 2.

c835470740db07c8408ab57033c436c1.jpg

sure but I thought cata was making the arg that recent meal prices are products of inflation (he est. at $250-300)

a $130 price now would likely be somewhat cheaper a year/two years ago hence my surprise

but also maybe we just don't drink as much/live in a more affordable place, idk

plama's lavish taste notwithstanding

Most of the places I like here are maybe $20-25 entree. Plus drinks and maybe an appetizer. Probably $125-150 on a regular basis. Haven’t really seen a dramatic change in prices the places I like. Only place that gets me is the nice sushi place where I go all #palma.

Most non-sushi places I try now don't do just traditional entrees and apps. It's 4-6 sharable plates with most of them being $25, and the "entrees" being $45

sure but I thought cata was making the arg that recent meal prices are products of inflation (he est. at $250-300)

a $130 price now would likely be somewhat cheaper a year/two years ago hence my surprise

but also maybe we just don't drink as much/live in a more affordable place, idk

It's the booze, that fucks me.

Most non-sushi places I try now don't do just traditional entrees and apps. It's 4-6 sharable plates with most of them being $25, and the "entrees" being $45

$25 for small(?) share-able plates is pretttttty expensive

Been a hot second since I lived in a major city but I remember small plate places in DC being like 8-20$ (e.g. Rasika, Zaytinya). Regularly (okay, 3x in a year) ate at a Michelin Starred place in SF where small plates ran the gamut from $6-$20 with some larger stuff coming in $20-34 (State Bird)

Been a hot second since I lived in a major city but I remember small plate places in DC being like 8-20$ (e.g. Rasika, Zaytinya). Regularly (okay, 3x in a year) ate at a Michelin Starred place in SF where small plates ran the gamut from $6-$20 with some larger stuff coming in $20-34 (State Bird)

here's the menu of the most popular restaurant of the last decade here

https://bestiala.com/menu/

$16 min wages for restaurant workers here now.

Same for SF. I'm not saying I wouldn't pay those prices... but I would expect it to be somewhere w/a Michelin Star at the v least (or obviously on the verge of it based on James Beard noms, Bon Apetit top 10 new resto etc.)

The real answer is to just live in New Orleans and eat Turkey and The Wolf.

That’s the price of a lot of the one star places in DC: Little Pearl, Dabney, Tail Up Goat, Bresca, Maydan. There are obviously also $100-300pp + tasting menus, but plenty of range among the high high end.

Bib Gourmand gets into the “taco” territory, like my jam Honeymoon which is a fried chicken joint.

My wife and I really enjoy that Damian place, which is Enrique Olvera's first American restaurant. Guy has a restaurant in Mexico City which is ranked like the 9th best restaurant in the world.

That’s the price of a lot of the one star places in DC: Little Pearl, Dabney, Tail Up Goat, Bresca, Maydan. There are obviously also $100-300pp + tasting menus, but plenty of range among the high high end.

Bib Gourmand gets into the “taco” territory, like my jam Honeymoon which is a fried chicken joint.

Yeah that's fair. I just wouldn't treat going to a Michelin Star as just going out to dinner (think the discussion started around mid-to-low-high-end cost). That's super high end and you budget for it accordingly and don't do it once a week unless you're making buckets money or living that great DINK life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back