• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Need a guy who can rig a frogger machine so that I can moveit without losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Can you really complain lack of original movies in the theater when we just got 13.5 hours worth of a high quality original streaming TV?

Yes? Different experiences!

Though I am curious as someone who quit halfway through S2 if I'd need to suffer through the rest of that and S3 in order to enjoy S4.

A single container of of Ricotta cheese is like $4-5 I'm not buying it unless it was meatless and you didn't use enough cheese.

make your own, brah. super easy (check Kenji's recipe). and the tubbed stuff has like all kinds of preservatives and shit that make it way worse.

make your own, brah. super easy (check Kenji's recipe). and the tubbed stuff has like all kinds of preservatives and shit that make it way worse.

I have made my own many many (okay actually only 4-5x) times using exactly that recipe. It's a pain and it doesn't save that much money (a half gallon of whole milk is still $5). I'll still do it when I want to impress guests or am making a simple stuffed pasta where Ricotta is the star of the show, but for Lasagna not worth it at all.

Also pro-tip the Publix Greenwise brand lists 3 ingredients for Ricotta: "Organic Milk, Organic Vinegar, Salt."

we used impossible meat so it may have been $15

Impossible Meat is more expensive than regular ground beef in my experience. Usually like 8-10$ for like a 12oz package!

Lasagna is great and still an amazing value, but I just can't believe anyone is making a serviceable pan for less than $25 in this inflation economy

It is possible that Diggler is shopping at Walmart and I'm completely out of touch with prices there since I shop at stores for the 1% like Publix and Harris Teeter. Also possible that his family is very good at coupon clipping and I'm not taking that into account. There was a time in my life where I had a food budget of like $30/week and made it work (solo, obviously), but that was before BIG INFLATION.

Lasagna still a better value than even fast food for families TBH. I think most of the time when we make it comes in around $30+ because we splurge on RAOS tomato sauce, lots of parm, fresh mozz etc. but it will feed us for a week+

It is possible that Diggler is shopping at Walmart and I'm completely out of touch with prices there since I shop at stores for the 1% like Publix and Harris Teeter. Also possible that his family is very good at coupon clipping and I'm not taking that into account. There was a time in my life where I had a food budget of like $30/week and made it work (solo, obviously), but that was before BIG INFLATION.

Lasagna still a better value than even fast food for families TBH. I think most of the time when we make it comes in around $30+ because we splurge on RAOS tomato sauce, lots of parm, fresh mozz etc. but it will feed us for a week+

It's one banana, Michael, How much could it cost?

How ya feeling burdman

I was in Chincoteague last weekend and saw a billion ibises

How ya feeling burdman

I was in Chincoteague last weekend and saw a billion ibises

I will let birdman debunk, but there are is no way there are a billion ibises alive. #stopthelies #deacfan2009fortruth

We had homemade lasagna tonight. Fed 5 and another meal of leftovers for $10

I make mistakes like this all the time. I go to the store because my wife needs mozz to top the lasagna and some extra noodles. I spend $10 on mozz and extra noodles and for some reason my stupid brain is like, "good job, Knight. Cheap family meal!"

Totally disregarding the $20 of Italian sausage, $15 of ground beef, $10 of tomato sauce, $7 of cheese, etc. because it came out of the freezer/back of the fridge.

at the supermarket now and a tub of ricotta here is $3.49 #pgh #inflation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back