• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Need a guy who can rig a frogger machine so that I can moveit without losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are seriously considering retiring somewhere in Spain. It would be so much easier if I didn’t like my kids.

LOARC61.png

The whole time we’ve been together has been long distance. 3.5 hours when I lived in Clemson. 31 hours now that I’m out here

Damn. That time zone difference gotta be brutal too.

My wife and I did long distance DC to Winston starting out for about a year. Pretty rough but luckily I had flexible work schedule so could take a lot of 3 day weekends.

We went from long distance to moving in together in a span of like 2 months because she had a bad bed bug situation and it was a big adjustment, but totally worth it.

That's still a lot of birds.

Now how many house sparrows are there and should I feel bad about the fledglings that didn't make it this past month? I gave them a birdhouse that wasn't obscured so I feel partially responsible for their deaths.

ye used to drive middle tennessee to Winston (5.5 hrs?) like twice a month (for about a year?) for the penultimate gf

it was a lot but i regret nothing

Every time I get the opportunity to do some significant travel, I wonder how terrible Anthony Bourdain’s mental illness issues must’ve been for him to off himself.

Every time I get the opportunity to do some significant travel, I wonder how terrible Anthony Bourdain’s mental illness issues must’ve been for him to off himself.

Depression fucking sucks :/

If you are starting from scratch a homemade lasagna will cost you $27.50 at my local Walmart:

- 1lb Walmart Brand Sweet Italian Sausage: $3.98
- 1lb 85/15 ground beef:
$5.54
- 1lb large white onion + garlic bulb
$1.60
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes+tomato paste+sauce
$3 (for San Marzano add $3)
- Fresh basil + bunch fresh parsley
$2 + $1
- Walmart brand lasagna noodles
$1.70
- Eggs:
$2
- Walmart brand ricotta + wm brand mozz/parm
$6.75 (higher quality cheese add $7)

Seville was beautiful but also a million degrees.

The English language bastardizes so many Spanish and Italian place names. Seville? Catalonia? Andalusia? GTFO. I wonder how they decided that places like Seville or Rome and Florence need an anglicized version but then places like Barcelona and Valencia keep their original native spelling.

Interesting. I've always thought the drive from Asheville to ~30 min outside Knoxville is really nice.

Small lanes and curves on curves. If you like driving or have a sports car or something I could see it being enjoyable. I don't qualify for either of those statements. I also have pretty bad generalized anxiety and spent too much time watching bad accident videos on like cracked.com in my adolescent years, so driving next to big rigs in those conditions just makes me too nervous to enjoy the views.

If you are starting from scratch a homemade lasagna will cost you $27.50 at my local Walmart:

- 1lb Walmart Brand Sweet Italian Sausage: $3.98
- 1lb 85/15 ground beef:
$5.54
- 1lb large white onion + garlic bulb
$1.60
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes+tomato paste+sauce
$3 (for San Marzano add $3)
- Fresh basil + bunch fresh parsley
$2 + $1
- Walmart brand lasagna noodles
$1.70
- Eggs:
$2
- Walmart brand ricotta + wm brand mozz/parm
$6.75 (higher quality cheese add $7)

A man of the people! Looks like you can get it down to $22 by just going with Sausage vs. both meats I guess. Under $20 if you're growing your own basil and parsley (ez).

Still a great value!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back