• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Need a guy who can rig a frogger machine so that I can moveit without losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small lanes and curves on curves. If you like driving or have a sports car or something I could see it being enjoyable. I don't qualify for either of those statements. I also have pretty bad generalized anxiety and spent too much time watching bad accident videos on like cracked.com in my adolescent years, so driving next to big rigs in those conditions just makes me too nervous to enjoy the views.

it's a bit annoying because you aren't covering much ground as the crow flies, but it's really pretty

as far as Midwest to East Coast drives go, I dig going through West Virginia the most and western Pennsylvania was a surprisingly interesting drive

it's a bit annoying because you aren't covering much ground as the crow flies, but it's really pretty

as far as Midwest to East Coast drives go, I dig going through West Virginia the most and western Pennsylvania was a surprisingly interesting drive

Yeah the distance thing also is annoying for I-40. You go from absolutely booking it from Winston -> Asheville (slows down a bit around Black Mountain) to what feels like a crawl to get into Tennessee.

West Virginia would be a lot better without all the tolls (my experience is driving on I-77 from Winston to Ohio 6 or 7x)

oh you're just talking about the drive between Asheville and the Tennessee border?

the really meh part imo is between the border and Knoxville

Cookout probably knows that drive like the back of his hand since he goes to some lake near Chattanooga like 12x a year.

We've been lucky to do a lot of cool drives in the past year. The favorites:

1) San Diego all the way up Hwy 1 to SFO over 10 days - I've posted about these trip highlights. Bucket list experience.
2) Boston to Portland with a bunch of stops along the way - so much good seafood and 72 degree weather in July
3) HHI --> Beaufort --> Charleston with several excursions - the lowcountry always slaps
4) SLC --> Cottonwood Canyons --> Guardsman Pass --> Park City - mentioned this to YB the other day (who has already done it)

the thing about me is I like a nice flat boring drive w/70 mph speed limits and almost no curves. Driving is for zoning out listening to a podcast or some music and letting the Subaru cruise-control w/EYESIGHT (TM) do some heavy lifting.

For my money, Big Sur offers the best stress to view ratio (when bridges aren't washed out)

there's an event to celebrate a local author who passed away a few years ago and there is a book signing by the author's daughter

weird to me -- can't think of any book/author I'd want signed by their son or daughter

Yeah the distance thing also is annoying for I-40. You go from absolutely booking it from Winston -> Asheville (slows down a bit around Black Mountain) to what feels like a crawl to get into Tennessee.

West Virginia would be a lot better without all the tolls (my experience is driving on I-77 from Winston to Ohio 6 or 7x)

google map fastest route from Raleigh to Chicago takes me off the interstate for much (maybe most) of the West Virginia stretch -- it's pretty nice!

I'm intrigued by Charleston, WV -- on the river, beautiful capitol building -- want to do a stopover on a trip sometime

On a tour of an adaptive reuse building that is being turned into 6 3,000sf units. The jazz have offered to master lease all of them for players.

A smidge out of my price range I imagine.

there's an event to celebrate a local author who passed away a few years ago and there is a book signing by the author's daughter

weird to me -- can't think of any book/author I'd want signed by their son or daughter

a book almost signed

the worst stretches i know of are the i76 corridor from Harrisburg to Philly and i95 from Portland to Bangor and beyond. just 4 lanes through straight tunnels of trees for hours on end

the worst stretches i know of are the i76 corridor from Harrisburg to Philly and i95 from Portland to Bangor and beyond. just 4 lanes through straight tunnels of trees for hours on end

give me that over the midwestern agriculture stretches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back