• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Need a guy who can rig a frogger machine so that I can moveit without losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
man I stopped at a taco bell in Charleston, WV once and let me tell you it was a real piece of shit and the exit/on-ramps made zero fucking sense at all

I think taco bell should get more involved in domestic infrastructure

reminds me a bit of this time I went to a non-religious wedding a few years ago where they used one of those rent-a-ministers who read some boilerplate speech that included some passage about how couples need to stick together in a crazy world and said something to the effect of "we live in a world of pagers and fax machines"

i'm glad someone debunked the 10 dollar lasagna because i read that post last night and was up in bed thinking about it but didn't feel like addressing it at the time

also i dont think 40 from avl to knox is all that bad.. it does get real boring once you get out of mountains, but the curves are only annoying if you get some real timid drivers that don't know how to pass trucks in the left lane

once you get close to knox it can either be fast as fuck and everyone is flying 20mph over the speed limit, or a traffic-filled nightmare, when its the former it is great

reminds me a bit of this time I went to a non-religious wedding a few years ago where they used one of those rent-a-ministers who read some boilerplate speech that included some passage about how couples need to stick together in a crazy world and said something to the effect of "we live in a world of pagers and fax machines"

we do tho

they exist

google map fastest route from Raleigh to Chicago takes me off the interstate for much (maybe most) of the West Virginia stretch -- it's pretty nice!

I'm intrigued by Charleston, WV -- on the river, beautiful capitol building -- want to do a stopover on a trip sometime

Jesus, no. Charleston is not WVs crown jewel. Juice, I'm saying this because I love you, but you're just as likely to get fucking raped in West Virginia as you are to have a dog shit meal. I'm not kidding you man, your sexual identity is in peril if you stay a few days in Charleston West Virginia.

the fact that you even have to ask means you're not ready for my digital ecology class

yeah but tell me it's not pretty though!

CharlestonWV-e1614734948672-1920x1080-1.jpg

For my money, Big Sur offers the best stress to view ratio (when bridges aren't washed out)

I'm not sure I could do the Cambria to Big Sur drive going north to south. So much exposure. South to north was a bit harrowing, made worse by the fact that we were coming off a nice red wine buzz in Paso Robles, but not too bad. Big Sur up to Carmel (and beyond) was a breeze, comparatively.

I'm now remembering how pretty (and a bit harrowing for a stretch) the drive up 154 from Santa Barbara into the Santa Ynez was. They let cars/trucks go way too fast on that road through the mountain pass.

Harrowing is a fun word.

yeah but tell me it's not pretty though!

CharlestonWV-e1614734948672-1920x1080-1.jpg

The river in that picture is so full of mercury that no one eats the fish from it. Just behind the large black building in the center is an industrial park that spans miles up the river. The entire area is home to poverty.

The hill on the left of the river overlooking the city is concentrated wealth.

The city beautiful 100s of feet from the air, but it gets gnarly quick as you get into the nitty gritty. A fitting metaphor for the state at large.

My wife and I did long distance for two separate stints. We met during the second half of my last semester in the LLM program and went on our first date on 4/20 although I’m not sure it really counted as a date.

I moved in with her in July because my lease was up and it was either that or move home. We lived together until October when I left for Naples and she finished school. That was 5 hours but worked okay because she could take 4 day trips because of her classes.

Then we lived together for 2.5 years and I moved to Atlanta for a job (we were engaged) while she finished her MPH program. We were apart for 8 months until after our wedding when she moved up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back