• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Need a guy who can rig a frogger machine so that I can moveit without losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
now this i disagree with - driving in rome is a lot of fun as long as you're willing to drive like an italian

i enjoyed the highway from tuscany to rome when you can vroom vroom but without knowing the norms of the city it was a little intimidating driving around the train station where we rented a car and the big 16 lane traffic circles where you're supposed to be super decisive or else get caught going in circles for ten minutes

The river in that picture is so full of mercury that no one eats the fish from it. Just behind the large black building in the center is an industrial park that spans miles up the river. The entire area is home to poverty.

The hill on the left of the river overlooking the city is concentrated wealth.

The city beautiful 100s of feet from the air, but it gets gnarly quick as you get into the nitty gritty. A fitting metaphor for the state at large.

I did a weekend in Charlie West while I was wooing a girl who lived there. Her apartment was right by the capital, which is right by the Governor's mansion. I am pretty sure I saw him washing a red convertible in his driveway while wearing cutoffs and a t-shirt. The state museum was lackluster as was the weekend.

Charleston is so not worth a trip. Harper's Ferry on the other hand...

did Harper's Ferry on a drive back to NC during Covid and it was really nice

but I didn't feel like I was missing anything by not spending the night in the town

did Harper's Ferry on a drive back to NC during Covid and it was really nice

but I didn't feel like I was missing anything by not spending the night in the town

the whole section of the C&O Canal Towpath that goes through WV is full of lovely B&Bs, hiker/biker hostels, good fishing, just good times

man teaching public speaking is sometimes hella rewarding

man teaching public speaking is sometimes hella rewarding

d6f776cf64f5495c8eac8ada96d4e4a2--funny-wedding-toasts-funny-wedding-speeches.jpg

Oh wild, they're different. I have just used those interchangeably forever. Obviously, I'm a scientist.

Wait, what is a cricket then? So confused.

Katydid are similar to locusts so maybe that’s the confusion. Crickets, grasshoppers and katydids are in the orthoptera order and are known for their incredible jumping ability and sometimes noisy songs. But their “songs” are nothing compared to cicadas. Cicadas are in a Homoptera order, they live under ground for years and emerge looking like massive, ugly, and clumsy flys. They are know for incredibly loud buzzing mating calls.

Last year in Maryland and elsewhere there was a 17-year cicada emergence. It is a species that emerges in unison every 17 years by the billions and they make an absolute racket.

Cookout, in an effort to support a healthy community, can you go ahead and write a script that adds ", brother." to every post that includes a reply.

For example:

there's an event to celebrate a local author who passed away a few years ago and there is a book signing by the author's daughter

weird to me -- can't think of any book/author I'd want signed by their son or daughter

a book almost signed, brother.

Also, maybe get some Macho Man Randy Savage emojis on deck.

I do a mean Macho Man impression, but damn if it doesn't cause severe damage to my vocal cords

If you could forget one sports media personality exists, and your brain actively blocks any mention of them, like full on Eternal Sunshine brain wipe. It has to be Clay Travis right? Like Cowherd, Jim Rome, Steven A, Skip Bayless, all terrible, but Clay Travis is actively horrible.

Maybe the list of shitty sports talking heads being terrible is a societal problem.

The ratio of time spent listening to Jalen Rose to interesting information learned from Jalen Rose is pretty high up there. I was watching Jalen and Jacoby the other day and was just wondering who the target market is for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back