• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Need a guy who can rig a frogger machine so that I can moveit without losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
BMW is now going to be charging a monthly fee for heated seats?? Lol wat

Kontoor Brands babbbbyyyyyy (VFC was so much better)

I interviewed with VFC for an in house job during the early days of Covid.

I lost interest when they said it was a collaborative workplace where everyone sat at open tables.

i used to like going to the symphony but it seems not as great

just listen to a CD man or your local HS band

"just eat tacos man" might be the "stupid poors should buy more money" of the Next Generation

"you don't like the current state of fine-dining experience of post COVID world? go try the street food experience instead" ?

i guess i'm missing on the utility of said advice; the two things are qualitatively different

"you don't like the current state of fine-dining experience of post COVID world? go try the street food experience instead" ?

i guess i'm missing on the utility of said advice; the two things are qualitatively different

yea probably if you live in suburban pennsylvania

you can get super delicious food with good service and uniqueness by just not exclusively eating high end. feels like we're making some assumptions about what high end is tbh, is it steakhouse/french/italian? michelin starred? white tablecloths? sure, maybe you're not getting the specific cuisine or the specific ambience, but a good vibes enjoyable experience is still out there.

yea probably if you live in suburban pennsylvania

you can get super delicious food with good service and uniqueness by just not exclusively eating high end. feels like we're making some assumptions about what high end is tbh, is it steakhouse/french/italian? michelin starred? white tablecloths? sure, maybe you're not getting the specific cuisine or the specific ambience, but a good vibes enjoyable experience is still out there.

no, the only way to get good vibes and enjoyable experience is heavy leather booths and white tablecloths with lobster thermidor and steaks served with parsley

feel like i'm always referencing bourdain, but his take on this was great. he described his bacchanalia at El Bulli where it was like 50 courses and he was pushed to his limit, and was left feeling overwhelmed and like "is this a worthwhile and valuable experience? are people supposed to eat like this?" and the idea he came back around to was that food is for everyone and the absurdly high end experience doesn't really mimic what is so great about food or indulgence anyway.

sounds like a philosophical question for people who are quite literally inundated with high-end food experiences

like great musicians talking about how the ultimate form is sitting around and jamming with other virtuosos

sounds like a philosophical question for people who are quite literally inundated with high-end food experiences

like great musicians talking about how the ultimate form is sitting around and jamming with other virtuosos

yea maybe

also just abstracting out what you like about fine dining, is it the food or is it the feeling of the prestige of being the biggest palma in the room and buying wagyu by the oz and getting high end wines and spotting celebs and getting to play petty dictator with waitstaff? if it's the food, is it quality of ingredients, knowing you'll get the best version of a dish, name of the chef, or are you interested in seeing a unique technique or flavor or pushing the envelope or a new crossover or ingredient pairing or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back