• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Need a guy who can rig a frogger machine so that I can moveit without losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
the new real city litmus test is not presence of a river but presence of a restaurant/food truck called "pink taco"

What’s worse: communication talk or high class food talk

yea maybe

also just abstracting out what you like about fine dining, is it the food or is it the feeling of the prestige of being the biggest palma in the room and buying wagyu by the oz and getting high end wines and spotting celebs and getting to play petty dictator with waitstaff? if it's the food, is it quality of ingredients, knowing you'll get the best version of a dish, name of the chef, or are you interested in seeing a unique technique or flavor or pushing the envelope or a new crossover or ingredient pairing or what?

i'd say it's a certain je ne sais quoi

As a way of reining things in

I always buy too many peaches

I'd say 80% of my eating out now is sushi, since it's the experience least able to be replicated at home. There is a dirt cheap 24/7 taco place that's absolutely delicious that we've been eating more and more because we can feed both of us for $12.

After living in Houston for a few years I realized my favorite Mexican food other than one high end place came from taco trucks. The other best thing was finding a homemade tamale hookup.

Some other cheaper places had some great items here and there as well. It was all those other moderately expensive to expensive places that never seemed worth it.

yea maybe

also just abstracting out what you like about fine dining, is it the food or is it the feeling of the prestige of being the biggest palma in the room and buying wagyu by the oz and getting high end wines and spotting celebs and getting to play petty dictator with waitstaff? if it's the food, is it quality of ingredients, knowing you'll get the best version of a dish, name of the chef, or are you interested in seeing a unique technique or flavor or pushing the envelope or a new crossover or ingredient pairing or what?

For me, I like going to a place with a tasting menu where the chef has a strong enough reputation that I am willing to step outside my comfort zone and just trust the dishes as prepared even if there are certain ingredients I would not normally try.

I talked about this with my wife the other day but my parents are VERY boring when it comes to food. If they are at a restaurant they are either ordering filet, salmon, or chicken Parmesan. The greatest gift I could ever get would for them to go to a higher end restaurant and experience that, but it will never happen and it would be totally lost on them.

That makes me sad because I think they’re missing out on a truly great life experience.

Life hack: If you run out of apples, use peaches to make your apple pie.

I interviewed with VFC for an in house job during the early days of Covid.

I lost interest when they said it was a collaborative workplace where everyone sat at open tables.

I think my wife is in a standard cubicle set-up, but it is definitely team/building specific I think. She was also remote for most of covid and only recently started being required to be in office 3 days a week (GSO :puke:), albeit with v flexible timekeeping on those days. If covid hadn't happened she probably would have left a while ago on account of the commute/location.

Mostly I miss the VFC discount on North Face, Smartwool etc. Lee and Wrangler stuff just not the same.

The universe is 13.8 billion years old and Greensboro is still boring as hell.

Bubblegum taco, but I digress.

Mako, etc.: I'm cutting in a new field on the back of the farm. I'm way the fuck out here, and I just about got the tractor stuck in a mud hole. That was some serious butthole clinching. It would take 30 minutes to crawl the dozer out here to get it unstuck.

drop those peach cocktail recipes

love a proper, non-frozen daquiri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back