• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Need a guy who can rig a frogger machine so that I can moveit without losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you can get 5 spicy deluxe sandwich meals, that's like 45-50 bucks of food you get, for an hour of "volunteering"

not a bad deal if you're an empty nester or retired person with some free time

and you don't have to pay taxes on that either, win/win for everyone

i mean, your logic is sound if you want CFA to circumvent employee protections, payroll taxes and worker's compensation protection

if a "volunteer" steps off the curb wrong and breaks their hip while working this hour who is at fault

board lawyers now is your chance to mansplain

legally they can't volunteer?

the FB post comment says that word like 4 times which has me thinking they want to be very clear for legal purposes

I've never researched this precise question, but the FLSA defines "employ" to mean "suffer or permit work." If an individual is performing a task for a company, the employer is "suffering or permitting work," even if the company designates them as a "volunteer." It's pretty open and shut.

Because the FLSA requires that employees be paid minimum wage for every hour worked, 5 entrees isn't going to cut it, even if the value of the entrees is more than minimum wage.

i mean, your logic is sound if you want CFA to circumvent employee protections, payroll taxes and worker's compensation protection

Which would be shocking given their demonstrated history of championing human rights and equality …

I've never researched this precise question, but the FLSA defines "employ" to mean "suffer or permit work." If an individual is performing a task for a company, the employer is "suffering or permitting work," even if the company designates them as a "volunteer." It's pretty open and shut.

Because the FLSA requires that employees be paid minimum wage for every hour worked, 5 entrees isn't going to cut it, even if the value of the entrees is more than minimum wage.

CFA has a non-profit foundation. Perhaps they roll up under that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back