• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Need a guy who can rig a frogger machine so that I can moveit without losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea probably if you live in suburban pennsylvania

you can get super delicious food with good service and uniqueness by just not exclusively eating high end. feels like we're making some assumptions about what high end is tbh, is it steakhouse/french/italian? michelin starred? white tablecloths? sure, maybe you're not getting the specific cuisine or the specific ambience, but a good vibes enjoyable experience is still out there.

another way to put this I think is that what denotes "high end" is literally only assumptions about the food and the way to enjoy it

I was alarmingly old before I learned a daiquiri did not have to be a cloyingly sweet slushee.

I was alarmingly old before I learned a daiquiri did not have to be a cloyingly sweet slushee.

was at a bar with my brother in law somewhere up near meatpacking under the high line and wolf blitzer was fucking housing some daquiris, and it kinda inspired me

oh yb defs content policed me but that kind of stuff doesn't bother me because I believe in Free Speech

been running through a Spotify playlist group that pairs mixed drinks with like 80+ songs for each drink and it has been fucking hitting

did a Revolver with Spaghetti Western soundtracks yesterday

Bruno Mars has been going around to Charlotte bars promoting his brand of specialty rum.

When I bitch about Austin being expensive as fuck and hard to get reservations, I am not talking "fine dinning", it's more like that mid end restaurant that is getting hyped for food quality. I feel like dinner for two that use to cost like 125 is now 250-300.

20 dollar cocktails should be fucking illegal.

Last edited:
When I bitch about Austin people expensive as fuck and hard to get reservations, I am not talking "fine dinning", it's more like that mid end restaurant that is getting hyped for food quality. I feel like dinner for two that use to cost like 125 is now 250-300.

20 dollar cocktails should be fucking illegal.

This is what I was talking about. To me it got to where the the mid tier was not worth even $125 for 2.

I just made 4 pounds of carnitas and homemade salsa for about $10. Tip of the hat to serious eats. I can make tacos, hash, loaded baked potatoes, etc. Easy and delicious on the cheap.

mid-end dinner for two = $125????

what is an example of this mid-end

This is what I was talking about. To me it got to where the the mid tier was not worth even $125 for 2.

I just made 4 pounds of carnitas and homemade salsa for about $10. Tip of the hat to serious eats. I can make tacos, hash, loaded baked potatoes, etc. Easy and delicious on the cheap.

I made the same recipe Saturday night

Feels accurate. I expect to spend $100+ pretty much anytime we go out if drinks are involved.

I think my problem with fine dining is that there's only so much you can do with food, I feel live I've had pretty much everything at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back