• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Deacs in the NFL

he's only 26 years old

in my head he's been in the league a while and he's pushing 30

he's only 26 years old

in my head he's been in the league a while and he's pushing 30

Lee was a super-young recruit at WF. Lee played his first college game when he was 17. Grobe didn't redshirt Lee, even though WF was terrible and Lee was young for his class. Lee turned 21 during his senior year at WF.

Lee was a super-young recruit at WF. Lee played his first college game when he was 17. Grobe didn't redshirt Lee, even though WF was terrible and Lee was young for his class. Lee turned 21 during his senior year at WF.

If I remember correctly, Grobe not redshirting Lee was ridiculous. He essentially only played special teams his freshman year, which was Grobe's last year and Wake was awful. Back before the 4 game redshirt rule, playing a true freshmen on only special teams, especially on a bad team, was incredibly short sighted and looks even worse with a coach on his way out.

He would have been a huge contributor in 2017 (Belk Bowl, Wolford's last year) as a RS Senior. Although there is a chance he would not have returned for that year (he was 1st team All ACC in 2016 and ended up as a 5th round NFL pick), I really think he should have had that option available to him.

I'm not analyzing depth charts, but I'd imagine Lee has a good shot landing on another roster. The Bills have a strong defense.

If I remember correctly, Grobe not redshirting Lee was ridiculous. He essentially only played special teams his freshman year, which was Grobe's last year and Wake was awful. Back before the 4 game redshirt rule, playing a true freshmen on only special teams, especially on a bad team, was incredibly short sighted and looks even worse with a coach on his way out.

He would have been a huge contributor in 2017 (Belk Bowl, Wolford's last year) as a RS Senior. Although there is a chance he would not have returned for that year (he was 1st team All ACC in 2016 and ended up as a 5th round NFL pick), I really think he should have had that option available to him.

100%. Love Grobe's contribution to WF football, but his decision to play Lee just enough to burn his redshirt year was definitely a "I know that I won't be coaching WF in future years; so, who GAF?" move. Lee was the youngest recruit in that class, was never going to contribute enough to make a W-L difference, but he oozed with potential for his age. It really stood out because Grobe had previously systematically red-shirted everyone unless they would play a key role. FWIW, Lee was a key defensive cog in Clawson's first bowl team in 2016. WF has been far from LB University, but Lee and Justin Strnad have been the best LBs to play for WF since the Fresh Deacs class.

100%. Love Grobe's contribution to WF football, but his decision to play Lee just enough to burn his redshirt year was definitely a "I know that I won't be coaching WF in future years; so, who GAF?" move. Lee was the youngest recruit in that class, was never going to contribute enough to make a W-L difference, but he oozed with potential for his age. It really stood out because Grobe had previously systematically red-shirted everyone unless they would play a key role. FWIW, Lee was a key defensive cog in Clawson's first bowl team in 2016. WF has been far from LB University, but Lee and Justin Strnad have been the best LBs to play for WF since the Fresh Deacs class.

Chubb didn't have NFL measurables, but was a baller in college.

Yeah, Sciba's not getting that job unless Boswell gets hurt or contracts a severe case of the yips. It's good to be in their camp though in case Boswell does get hurt. And about half a dozen teams will fire their kicker at some point during the season.

The Steelers bring in 2 kickers, 2 punters, and 2 long snappers to every camp. Yesterday, they cut the second punter and LS. They like Sciba, but he's not going to beat out Boswell. He will get every chance to show what he can do in the preseason, and maybe land somewhere else.

Justin Herron is out for the Pats vs. the Panthers tonight.

Wolford to play the 1st half at 10 pm vs. the Texans.

Wolford looks good. Just can't get protection on 3rd down. Rams got the ball back with a fumble, so Wolford will get another chance to score.

Wolford looks good. Just can't get protection on 3rd down. Rams got the ball back with a fumble, so Wolford will get another chance to score.

Wolford getting hindrance from team mates. False start. Improper formation. Killing drives.

Def some early Wake career vibes from that Wolford stat line, particularly the five sacks

Def some early Wake career vibes from that Wolford stat line, particularly the five sacks

Texans played a lot of first string guys. Rams didn't. There are reasons some guys are 1's and others are 2's. Second and third string guys on the Rams O-line were getting worked. Wolford made some nice throws on the run.

Not sure what kind of picture this paints for Coach McVay when the protection is absent. Perkins seemed to get more quality play from the OL.

How serious is this Matthew Stafford injury/soreness?

Not sure what kind of picture this paints for Coach McVay when the protection is absent. Perkins seemed to get more quality play from the OL.

Perkins backup O-line was playing against Texans backup D-line. Wolford had backup O-line (including 3rd string right guard) against Texans starters on D.

Back