• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Media Days....

If you’re gonna include the punter for State then you definitely have to include us losing Sciba as a gigantic loss.

Very true. Getting to the opposing 30 yard line was an automatic three points. Getting across the goal line was for 4 more.

We will see how much of a drop off the new kicker is.

Very true. Getting to the opposing 30 yard line was an automatic three points. Getting across the goal line was for 4 more.

We will see how much of a drop off the new kicker is.

Going to be curious to see how Clawson adjusts to having a high power offense without an elite kicker but a better defense. Will he be more aggressive inside 35? Will see him for it on 4th and 5 from the 30? From the 25?

I do hear you as this is the perpetual WFU narrative but do you really think we will be picked at or near the bottom of the Atlantic? We won’t.

Probably not but I wouldn't be surprised to see us picked 4th or 5th. Basically the voters look for any reason at all to drop us a spot or two.

Going to be curious to see how Clawson adjusts to having a high power offense without an elite kicker but a better defense. Will he be more aggressive inside 35? Will see him for it on 4th and 5 from the 30? From the 25?

Sciba had a big impact on the Syracuse game. Babers accepted a penalty that put Wake 3rd and long to push the ball outside the 35 rather than have Sciba kick. He took 3rd and 15 outside Sciba's range instead of 4th and 5 around the 35. Sam made him look foolish by completing a pass for 17 yards and a first down.

Roddy Jones was on OG today. He liked Wake 2, State 3. Said offense will be just as good and expects improvement on D.

Preseason picks are about getting clicks from huge fan bases. They also look at the four year recruiting class rankings. They don't factor in coaching, play development, finding diamonds in the rough, etc. That's why Wake is usually picked low.

State has been underperforming each year for quite a while now considering how many players it's been putting in the NFL.

Order of finish on Tuesday (most-difficult academic day even in the summer), preseason All-ACC team and preseason POY on Wednesday.

Gonna guess Leary followed by Cunningham for POY, Hartman as 2nd team QB, some Clemson or FSU guy as DPOY

Gonna guess Leary followed by Cunningham for POY, Hartman as 2nd team QB, some Clemson or FSU guy as DPOY

I haven't popped open the ballot yet (voting later today or tomorrow, deadline is Sunday) but I don't think there's off/def POY split for preseason -- just one POY.

If I was picking def. POY I'd split a vote three ways for N.C. State's linebackers.

Point well taken. I'm just really tired of all the State hype. They've probably done less with more than any other program in the P5. Huge enrollment, easy academics, taxpayer funding, great facilities, rabid fanbase, and they haven't won a championship in football in 43 years.

Point well taken. I'm just really tired of all the State hype. They've probably done less with more than any other program in the P5. Huge enrollment, easy academics, taxpayer funding, great facilities, rabid fanbase, and they haven't won a championship in football in 43 years.

Oh, you'll get no argument from me there. Don't forget how many first-round picks/overall NFL picks Dave Doeren has had (3 firsts/26 total) in 9 seasons and he's never had double-digit wins.

No love for Trenton Simpson? He is an absolute menace.

No love for Trenton Simpson? He is an absolute menace.

Plenty. Just apprehensive of what Clemson's defense looks like without Venables.

Sidenote: It is weird/dumb that the ACC has us vote for 13 offensive players and 11 defensive players on preseason ballot. I know David Hale was tweeting about that earlier this week. I'd love for the defensive equivalent of an all-purpose back, or this year the ability to put 4 linebackers on a ballot.

Back