• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Media Days....

Didn't the Fonz intercept him at Groves in the back of the end zone to win or help win the game? Maybe I'm thinking of another QB.

Don't remember who made the interception, but it was definitely in the end zone and IIRC it was in the 1st half, i.e. not a big factor in determining the outcome of the game. So assuming Wilson's record for most passes w/o an interception to-date has not been broken (I have no idea), we have the "honor" of having both the current record set against us, and also stopping it at its current number a play or two later.

Most consecutive pass attempts without an interception is 444, held by Colby Cameron (Louisiana Tech, 2009-12).

He was a decent enough college QB. I think he was overhyped because his brother was pretty good at VT. He was a major step down from Wilson. He must be a good QB room guy to stick around like he has in the NFL.

A lot of guys are decent college players and end up having a great NFL career. Glennon has size- is 6’7!! and great arm strength. He played between Russell Wilson and Jacoby Brissett so I think he gets lost in the shuffle and maybe not enough credit- he only started 2 years and it was at the end of TOB Administration. TOB at State is still such a bizarre fit in my mind.

Still the only coach to have gotten State to the point where a win in the final week would've got them to the ACCCG.

Of course, naturally, they lost

Still the only coach to have gotten State to the point where a win in the final week would've got them to the ACCCG.

Of course, naturally, they lost

This is very true but on paper - just an odd fit- but sometimes opposites attract

He was a decent enough college QB. I think he was overhyped because his brother was pretty good at VT. He was a major step down from Wilson. He must be a good QB room guy to stick around like he has in the NFL.

I never understood why O'Brien made that move either. Ovies and Giglio did a podcast series on the decision - it was actually pretty good.
If you ever want to piss off a State fan - this will guarantee a reaction:
1. Wilson is a Wisconsin player/alum.
2. Sendek was a good coach, State should have never fired him.

Last edited:
I never understood why O'Brien made that move either. Ovies and Giglio did a podcast series on the decision - it was actually pretty good.

Wasn't it because Wilson kept playing baseball instead of participating in spring practice/summer workouts and O'Brien eventually just had enough and was fine to just stick with the guy he knew would always be around over the more talented guy that wasn't.

There's a very good argument to be made that if those three schools (Miami, VT, FSU) hadn't been so bad in the past 5-10 years the ACC would not be in nearly as much trouble as it is currently.

over that timeframe, 2018-present, Notre Dame is 23-0 against ACC teams not named Clemson and 1-2 vs. Clemson

last ACC team other than Clemson to beat ND was Mark Richt's Miami team in 2017

(I believe Hale's numbers include Notre Dame as a P5 opponent)

I agree that the league would be in better shape if the members didn't get curb-stomped in OOC games.

I'm counting up Clemson's wins in 2018 - 2021 and I'm only getting 10.

4 of Clemson's wins have been against South Carolina. 2 were in the home and home with A&M. 1 each against:

ND, Alabama, tOSU, Iowa State

I didn't count the win against 2020 ND in the ACCCG (not sure if Hale counted it as a win or counted the 2020 CU loss to ND).

Last edited:
No. Our games against Rutgers and Vandy are padding the stats.

Wake 2-3 vs P5 teams since 2018

Wins vs Rutgers & UNC
Losses vs UNC, Michigan State, and Wisconsin

With zero research to back this up, I'm assuming that the majority of the ACC v. P5 games are ACC v. SEC. Nobody is saying the ACC is on par with the SEC but if we got to play the PAC10 more regularly it probably wouldn't be as bad.

Since the 2017 win over ND in the Turnover Chain game, Miami has lost 7 straight OOC games against Power V schools and only 2 were competitive:

2017 Wisconsin 24-34 L
2018 LSU 17-33 L
2018 Wisconsin 3-35 L
2019 Florida 20-24 L
2020 OK State 34-37 L
2021 Michigan State 17-33 L
2021 Bama 13-46 L

Granted all of those programs are pretty good, even so, that is an embarrassing performance. This season, Miami plays at Texas A&M on September 17.

Also, L'ville losing ground to Kentucky is not helpful. L'ville won 5 straight between 2011-15, but the Cards have lost the 4 of the last 5, and the last three have been brutal:

2018: KY 56 L'ville 10
2019: KY 45 L'ville 13
2021: KY 52 L'ville 21

Last edited:
With zero research to back this up, I'm assuming that the majority of the ACC v. P5 games are ACC v. SEC. Nobody is saying the ACC is on par with the SEC but if we got to play the PAC10 more regularly it probably wouldn't be as bad.

There’s no shame in Tech losing to UGA. Clemson over SC makes up for that. But FSU and Louisville regularly losing to UF and UK hurts the conference.

What is the ACC record vs. the Big Ten?

Hahha- on No. 2- couldn’t agree more. Sendek actually would have been the perfect coach for Wake in retrospect but timing never worked out.

Back