• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 757: does anyone know a paralegal who enjoys insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
bummed momofuku dc closed, but it was in a lame location

i was talking to my wife about this yesterday and we realized that keeping a electric glass cooktop clean isn't really much more challenging than keeping gas clean. so fine, whatever - I don't want to deal with a propane tanks if we don't have to.

There's no way this is true. If something boils over, it's a fucking chore to scrub the shit out of it and keep it cleaned. I've tried other tips and tricks I've read online but nothing works. With gas you have to reach in some places at times, but nowhere near the pain in the ass scrubbing IMO.

$1,300 Kirchen Aid installed tomorrow or Monday. Sweeeet.

Salesperson confirmed that Bosch has their cheaper models with plastic pans available but are crapped out on the good stuff.

Maybe I’m not getting it but why is electric so hard to clean? I’d think the fact it’s completely flat would make it super easy

I can't fucking believe that Fuku, the fried chicken sandwich spot that David Chang spun off from Momofuku, is opening a location at a food hall in Johnston fucking County.

That’s super bizarre. We need more new shit here especially with all the new residential downtown. All the good places are packed constantly now.

I think your gas won’t set off the CO detector because you don’t cook with carbon monoxide

Maybe I’m not getting it but why is electric so hard to clean? I’d think the fact it’s completely flat would make it super easy

Shit cooks on. It’s a pain. But I don’t want to deal with a propane tank refill either.

Yeah these are wild takes. The flat tops are 8 million times easier to clean than gas ranges

Electric cooktops are the worst to clean. I’ve got one of each and only the maid can get the glass clean. She’s magic.

But we did go to M Sushi last week and it was one of those nights where everything was just exceptional. So fucking good.

I’m a hop skip & jump away from what has been described as a phenomenal fried chicken joint called Pretty Bird. On the list to hit soon.

Yeah these are wild takes. The flat tops are 8 million times easier to clean than gas ranges

I'm with you. Just need to use the special glasstop cleaner, costs like $5 at Target. The glass does mark up if you're at all rough with it though.

My wife asked for an electric range because of how much of a pain in the ass cleaning the standard grills are

Electric cooktops are the worst to clean. I’ve got one of each and only the maid can get the glass clean. She’s magic.

Yeah that’s the answer. When I burn stuff on I have glass cooktop cleaner but can never really get it all off (or if I do it’s all cloudy or smeared looking) but when we have a cleaner come every couple months they can make it look new.

The only thing that really fucks up and boils over/burns is rice but I’m getting better at keeping an eye on that and dialing in the heat. Most everything else can be cleaned using multi surface cleaner.

Not getting fired for clapping back at the boss last night. Nice.

I ain’t got time for getting yelled at at 6pm

Yeah that’s the answer. When I burn stuff on I have glass cooktop cleaner but can never really get it all off (or if I do it’s all cloudy or smeared looking) but when we have a cleaner come every couple months they can make it look new.

The only thing that really fucks up and boils over/burns is rice but I’m getting better at keeping an eye on that and dialing in the heat. Most everything else can be cleaned using multi surface cleaner.

Get a rice cooker, yo. Zojurisho

Why on my outlook on my phone does it not give me a selection to just flag the latest email, rather it wants to flag every email in the entire chain. This may be my single largest pet peeve of the last few years of my life. Usually when I post them on the CT you geniuses have an easy solution for me

Yeah I’ve thought about it but they cost a lot vs how much I'd need to use it. Doesn’t meet my personal cheapskate value threshold.

But ya just said in the previous post it’s the only thing that’s hard to clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back