• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 757: does anyone know a paralegal who enjoys insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has ever seen BiffTannen and Elon Musk in the same place.

Last night, I had one of those dreams where I was searching for something and could never find it. This time, it was my hotel room.

The weirdest thing is that I looked at a TV in the lobby and it was the end of a Wake football game. LG Sean Maginn was named MVP and being interviewed. I couldn’t have told you what Maginn looked like but my dream was pretty accurate.

Also Utah State beat #5 Florida 80-15 at home.

CT 757: talking appliances

This whole time I thought the thread title was referencing appliances that talk. Not a discussion about appliances.

Perhaps there have been too many kids cartoons on at my house.

Lol where you have you been the last six months scooter? Under a rock writing letters to legislators across the Midwest?

No, I have read all about the problems but I have not seen a real explanation of WHY the issues are happening. Can you explain why the airlines are canceling thousands of fights and delaying thousands more on a daily basis and can't seem to satisfy the most basic of customer expectations created when you put a flight on the schedule?

flight home tomorrow cancelled and rebooked two days later

brutal

We were in Bar Harbor, ME Wed/Thurs leading up to a wedding on Saturday when my FIL passed away back in NC early Friday morning. We knew he was fading but we did not think it would happen while we were gone. Despite our best efforts we could not get home until this morning.

We could get no flights on Friday. We booked a 6am out of Bangor on Sat. morning and drove to a hotel in Bangor Friday night so we would be closer to the airport. As we are going to bed Friday night we get an update that the 6am flight was canceled. So we had driven to Bangor for nothing.

After tons of effort online and on the phone we got tickets on a 5:15pm flight Sat evening through DCA to RDU. We only had 40 minutes in DCA. As we wasted time in Bangor (not a great place to have to waste time), we watched as the flight got delayed, little by little. It soon became obvious we couldn't make our connection. In fact, eventually, the plane wouldn't even arrive in DCA until after the flight to RDU was leaving.

We were willing to drive from DCA but there were no (zero!) rental cars available. The gate agent in Bangor initially told us there were no connections available from DCA to RDU until Monday or Tuesday! As my wife broke down in front of her and I told her the situation, she became more determined and eventually called someone to overbook us on flights DCA-CLT-RDU at 5:30am this morning. (which begs the question, if she could do that if she really wanted to, what about all the other times they told us no seats were available?)

So, we got to DCA and had to get yet another hotel room and then be back at the airport at 4:15 this morning - but we finally got to RDU this morning.

It is so bad right now, people cheer at gates all over the airports when they announce that a flight is actually boarding. People are sleeping all over the airport.

A friend of ours was coincidentally traveling to Maine this weekend through DCA (unrelated to the wedding we were attending) - it was the mom and two teenage kids. Because of delays and cancelations they spent 8 hours in the RDU airport and 12 hours in the DCA airport and finally gave up ever getting there - but couldn't get a flight back so took an Amtrak to Richmond and had a friend come from Raleigh to pick them up... How does it even get that bad?

At least 10 people could not make the wedding we were there for because of last minute flight cancelations and delays.

You can't depend on a flight to actually get you anywhere right now, it seems.

Last edited:
Increased demand leading to overbooking and understaffing are the main two reasons. People are finally taking trips that have been postponed due to COVID. Airlines took a bunch of government money due to COVID but passed it on to shareholders instead of properly hiring for what they had to know was going to be increased demand.

That’s why the Dems passed a law codifying that you can request cash refunds for cancelled flights.

Covid has to be throwing wrenches in things too. When X% of your workforce just unexpectedly has to be out for 2 weeks at any time, it can be a mess

True but that’s a staffing issue as well. Hire and pay enough people and it’s less of a challenge to cover shifts. But airlines want you to suffer instead of impacting their bottom line.

Not just pilots but attendants, baggage handlers, mechanics, gate agents, etc. lots of links in the chain that could break at any time due to shitty working conditions and low pay.

I’ve been watching a lot of Paw Patrol recently and the adults of Adventure Bay are so helpless, it annoys me.

I’ve been watching a lot of Paw Patrol recently and the adults of Adventure Bay are so helpless, it annoys me.

Bro I’m right there. Also, they gotta always go to the Lookout to get their assignment when the mayor and her chicken are in a runaway wagon about to go off a cliff.

We all agree that Sid from Toy Story was the product of a broken home, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back