Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273
Results 1,441 to 1,448 of 1448

Thread: CT 757: Home Alone

Random question: if you have a partnership or equity stake in a business and you die, does that pass down to your spouse, kids, etc? I imagine it depends on the nature of the equity?

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post
    Random question: if you have a partnership or equity stake in a business and you die, does that pass down to your spouse, kids, etc? I imagine it depends on the nature of the equity?
    It depends on how the ownership interest is titled, but very generally, yes it would pass to the heirs at law. It is why in a small business setting there are things like buy-sell agreements to help buy out the inheriting heir's interest in the business. Also, the partnership agreement will often address what happens in the event of a partner's death. It can get more complicated than that in certain businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post
    agreed with DiV. If it's a services firm, there should be a clause where the partnership buys it back.

It can sometimes be difficult for remaining partners to deal with heirs of various descriptions, particularly if they gave no knowledge of the business. Insurance policies to provide funds for buyouts can also buy peace of mind.

Waiting on my pizza and hot wings. I think I’m doing this Home Alone thing right.
    Hungry

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Quote Originally Posted by dartsndeacs View Post
    My best round ever 74 is 9 strokes better than my 2nd best round ever of 83. Doubt there are many golfers who have that big of a spread. At Grandview @ Wake, played the back 9 first, and then on the front went par bogey birdie par birdie par birdie.
    Add me to the list of folks who have posted some of their best scores at Grandview.

What’s the best Kanye song?

Grinding’ is the best hip hop song of the 21st century.