• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 757: does anyone know a paralegal who enjoys insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random question: if you have a partnership or equity stake in a business and you die, does that pass down to your spouse, kids, etc? I imagine it depends on the nature of the equity?

Random question: if you have a partnership or equity stake in a business and you die, does that pass down to your spouse, kids, etc? I imagine it depends on the nature of the equity?

It depends on how the ownership interest is titled, but very generally, yes it would pass to the heirs at law. It is why in a small business setting there are things like buy-sell agreements to help buy out the inheriting heir's interest in the business. Also, the partnership agreement will often address what happens in the event of a partner's death. It can get more complicated than that in certain businesses.

agreed with DiV. If it's a services firm, there should be a clause where the partnership buys it back.

It can sometimes be difficult for remaining partners to deal with heirs of various descriptions, particularly if they gave no knowledge of the business. Insurance policies to provide funds for buyouts can also buy peace of mind.

Waiting on my pizza and hot wings. I think I’m doing this Home Alone thing right.

My best round ever 74 is 9 strokes better than my 2nd best round ever of 83. Doubt there are many golfers who have that big of a spread. At Grandview @ Wake, played the back 9 first, and then on the front went par bogey birdie par birdie par birdie.

Add me to the list of folks who have posted some of their best scores at Grandview.

Grinding’ is the best hip hop song of the 21st century.

Okay. I’m failing again at the Home Alone thing.

Getting into a Facebook argument with strangers on the $45.6 billion allocated to enforcement in the Inflation Reduction Act.

We just went to Epic Brewing and let me tell you - it was the lamest brewery I have ever been. Small, cramped, no food, dark. 2/10

the best song he produced is Let the Beat Build by Weezy

the best song he raps on is Through the Wire (still slaps)

the best overall Kanye song is Father Stretch My Hands Pts. 1/2

wbu, mako?

but Lucifer is a great Kanye beat too idk one of the two?

basically do you prefer gospel or reggae

Kanye best song - Runaway, Kanye best beat for somebody else - Jay Z Takeover or Twista slow Jams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back