• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 757: does anyone know a paralegal who enjoys insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know folks from Belchertown and Springfield if that counts

People from Raleigh hate it when you say they’re from Eastern NC.

Western Mass is a weird place, like I’m pretty sure it exists but I don’t know anyone from there and I don’t think I have ever been or have a reason to go. People in Worcester hate when you say they live in Western mass but that’s probably as far west as most Bostonians have gone in the state.

I just remember an Anthony Bourdain ep where he went to W Mass and it seemed to basically be full of meth.

yeah, just looked at some crime stats. SLC was on the top 100 most dangerous cities and LA wasn't. Also looked at the safest cities. I need to move to Massachusetts.

Or Florida. 9 of US News top 11 safest cities are in FL.

Because they’re not.

I know, but it's like standing on a cliff and looking down to the abyss when you look east of Raleigh. Sort of like standing on the banks of the River Styx.

Zebulon, which is still in Wake County is the true gateway to Eastern NC. It used to be Wendell, but it's moved out a little.

Someone explain to me why Raleigh isn’t in the eastern half of the state

I think the point is that "eastern NC" doesn't mean the geographic eastern half of the state - it is a specific region of the state that is understood to start somewhere east of Raleigh and end before the coast.

Sounds like people in Raleigh think they’re too good to be lumped in with that region. They’d rather be included with the people of Greensboro.

yo juice, did you cancel then renew The Athletic? just got an email from them my renewal is up in about a month. so I put a reminder in my phone to cancel the day before. are the cheap 10 buck subscriptions still out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back