• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 757: does anyone know a paralegal who enjoys insensitive jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
i blame the FED and infinite cheap money

50 years from now, we're going to look back at this time period, And I can't imagine a world where they don't say this exact same thing. Money has been way too cheap for way too long. It has damaged our economy in very poisonous ways. It is generated such inequality, especially if you could afford a loan and had the ability to acquire rental property en masse

Who is it that hates Chris because he is a slumlord or something?

50 years from now, we're going to look back at this time period, And I can't imagine a world where they don't say this exact same thing. Money has been way too cheap for way too long. It has damaged our economy in very poisonous ways. It is generated such inequality, especially if you could afford a loan and had the ability to acquire rental property en masse

50 years from now people gonna be like why did Donkey Deac Doug sell palma all his silver

50 years from now we're all literally going to be bored apes sitting around in Zuck's meta living room

i think the bigger issue is the way that the VCs and PEs chase the unicorn, and they don't care how many horses they kill along the way. I think Townie's right in that uber really wounded the cab industry; chickfiladeac is right that the cab industry needed a good ass-kicking. But the cab drivers weren't all the problem - it was their ownership and the stupid medallion process that restricted competition artificially in the first place.

In any event, I think it's great that Softbank and the Saudis threw a whole bunch of money away because they believed that WeWork was going to be bigger than Apple. If you're that stupid you deserve to give landlords your money.

i think the bigger issue is the way that the VCs and PEs chase the unicorn, and they don't care how many horses they kill along the way. I think Townie's right in that uber really wounded the cab industry; chickfiladeac is right that the cab industry needed a good ass-kicking. But the cab drivers weren't all the problem - it was their ownership and the stupid medallion process that restricted competition artificially in the first place.

In any event, I think it's great that Softbank and the Saudis threw a whole bunch of money away because they believed that WeWork was going to be bigger than Apple. If you're that stupid you deserve to give landlords your money.

yes that's the point i was mostly trying to drive home here

the horses can still return in the absence of that easy/cheap VC money

bunch of monkey business, that's all i know

never fear, if you check out the Dem Debacle thread we'll be back to cheap Uber's soon

i would pay Donald Trump $100 to uber me two miles, by the way.

it is crazy that I used to pay like $7 for a ride home from a neighborhood 15 miles away and I'd just hop in the car with two strangers who may or may not live along the way

You used to take Uber Pool?

a69f355ea63a64ed_EWW.xxxlarge.gif

You’re really putting the cart be for the horse and closing the barn door after it’s out there.

I mean reading about this Monkey Pox and the excrutiatingly painful anal lesions it causes, it's really nature kinda saying we as a society should ease up on the butt sex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back